Do you think GW2 is in trouble? D3 patch 1.04 coming out on the same day.

#21Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 11:19:56 AM
Asia Skyly posted...
Karmic, you were very active on the D3 board; You know the state of the game. If you are going to D3 after this 1.04 patch, please have fun and send my regards to elite mobs. I did everything I wanted to do there (5 classes all to level 60), beat diablo on a few classes (Asia#1949 if you care). The new patch does not really makes me interested in D3, and this is coming from someone who LIKED the game!!

Personally, I will be playing one of the new races and professions in the game that I held dearest for the longest time. I played GW1 more than I should have (since 2005). 2 Accounts, 20 level 20s, did everything there was to do. Used to do UWSC and DoASC for fun (the odd endgame on a superbly old game). Loved every second of it.

I loved GW and the GW community, I cannot wait to get started with GW2!! 7 more days!! WOOOT!

Now, this is the kind of people I want in a community. You may just have single-handedly restored my faith in the GW community. I don't see why people feel the need to fight over which game is or isn't better than another game.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#22darkjedilinkPosted 8/17/2012 11:21:33 AM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
I don't see why people feel the need to fight over which game is or isn't better than another game.

Irony.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#23Jordo_dPosted 8/17/2012 11:22:06 AM
Jordo_d posted...
Jordo_d posted...
WoW 5.0.1 is coming out the same day. Do you think D3 is in trouble?

Wow I didn't even think of that. GW2 may actually be in trouble now as WoW is introducting an amazing new talent system and stuff.

Your welcome =)

Are you mad that you know on September 25th, when MoP comes out....everyone is pretty much going to abandon D3?

WoW players, majority of D3's playerbase, are only playing D3 right now because there is nothing to do in WoW....man can imagine the ghost town of D3 after it launches?

I'm a bit confused. Barely a million people bought the annual pass so I doubt D3 would lose too many players. WoW didn't lose many players when SC2 came out (in fact, quite the opposite, it reached its peak of subscribers shortly after SC2 came out).

because Starcraft sucks? RTS games are horrible, and there are very few people outside of Korea who actually like them.

and WoW still had patches coming out so there was stuff to do....its going on a full year in WoW with no new content....so they needed a new game to play until MoP...and Diablo 3 was the answer with 1 million of them getting it for free
---
"So hoping the final release of GW2 will improve these textures for the grass."
- Xeeh Bitz, Guild Wars 2
#24CanadyansPosted 8/17/2012 11:33:51 AM
Jordo_d posted...
Jordo_d posted...
Jordo_d posted...

Wow I didn't even think of that. GW2 may actually be in trouble now as WoW is introducting an amazing new talent system and stuff.

Your welcome =)

Are you mad that you know on September 25th, when MoP comes out....everyone is pretty much going to abandon D3?

WoW players, majority of D3's playerbase, are only playing D3 right now because there is nothing to do in WoW....man can imagine the ghost town of D3 after it launches?

I'm a bit confused. Barely a million people bought the annual pass so I doubt D3 would lose too many players. WoW didn't lose many players when SC2 came out (in fact, quite the opposite, it reached its peak of subscribers shortly after SC2 came out).

because Starcraft sucks? RTS games are horrible, and there are very few people outside of Korea who actually like them.

RTS are horrible? You're out of your mind. Company of Heroes, Total War, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Warcraft, Starcraft, Civilizations, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer...

That's a fraction of the major success of RTS games. You either don't understand how to play them or you take them way too serious and competitively to enjoy them.

Very few people outside of Korea actually like them? Wow. The ignorance is insane.
---
Xbox Live GT: Null Ordo
PSN: Canadyan
#25george43Posted 8/17/2012 11:36:27 AM
Blizzard is doing everything in its power to stop people from buying and playing GW2.

Blizzard must be worried.
#26Wiki_Leaks_LolPosted 8/17/2012 11:39:06 AM
Jordo_d posted...
Jordo_d posted...
Jordo_d posted...

Your welcome =)

and WoW still had patches coming out so there was stuff to do....its going on a full year in WoW with no new content....so they needed a new game to play until MoP...and Diablo 3 was the answer with 1 million of them getting it for free

Holy smokes speak for yourself. God forbid you ever play a game that makes you think. Starcraft 2 is an amazing game that you actually have to think to succeed at. I was a Masters Zerg before I quit. YOU probably hate them because you lack basic IQ to play it. I never seen such an ignorant comment in my life.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FbeAz.jpg
#27scorpio manPosted 8/17/2012 11:43:43 AM
I don't think it will affect much at all but I'm wondering if anyone else has any thoughts regarding this?

I'm also almost certain the D3 patch is coming out at the same time as GW2 as an attempt from keeping people playing D3 instead of switching to GW2. I've seen Blizzard do this in the past, they released a huge content page as SWTOR got released.

No...just no..
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#28evilmadboyPosted 8/17/2012 12:01:35 PM
I don't think it will affect much at all but I'm wondering if anyone else has any thoughts regarding this?

I'm also almost certain the D3 patch is coming out at the same time as GW2 as an attempt from keeping people playing D3 instead of switching to GW2. I've seen Blizzard do this in the past, they released a huge content page as SWTOR got released.

The only thing that is in trouble is that tiny brain of yours, seriously get that check out ASAP.
#29Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 12:05:48 PM
evilmadboy posted...

The only thing that is in trouble is that tiny brain of yours, seriously get that check out ASAP.

Brain size have nothing to do with how intelligent a person can or cannot be, but thank you for playing.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#30blax34dmPosted 8/17/2012 1:17:17 PM
evilmadboy posted...

Brain size have nothing to do with how intelligent a person can or cannot be, but thank you for playing.

Yes and no, mainly no, but explaining to you would be a waste of my time.