Looking for group tools?

#1Wii-GirlPosted 8/20/2012 4:03:47 AM
I've been curious about this for a while but have'nt really seen any information about it.

Will Guildwars 2 have some sort of group or dungeon finder/que?
#2GaMeFr33kPosted 8/20/2012 4:07:20 AM
No queues. No LFG.

In PVE you work together with anyone and everyone around you, getting contribution for everything you take part in. For dungeons, there is nothing bigger than a 5-man dungeon, and you don't need a LFG system for that, that is extremely easy to do within a matter of a few minutes or less.
---
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's
#3stephanicusPosted 8/20/2012 4:07:48 AM
Would like to know this too, say what you want about Warcraft but that is a nifty time saving feature.
#4Karmic Dragon2003Posted 8/20/2012 4:08:33 AM
GaMeFr33k posted...
No queues. No LFG.

In PVE you work together with anyone and everyone around you, getting contribution for everything you take part in. For dungeons, there is nothing bigger than a 5-man dungeon, and you don't need a LFG system for that, that is extremely easy to do within a matter of a few minutes or less.

People said that back in SWTOR as well, but now they've patched in a LFG system from what I understand.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#5GaMeFr33kPosted 8/20/2012 4:11:58 AM
stephanicus posted...
Would like to know this too, say what you want about Warcraft but that is a nifty time saving feature.

Its a double-sided sword really.
---
#6Karmic Dragon2003Posted 8/20/2012 4:12:25 AM
GaMeFr33k posted...
stephanicus posted...

How so?
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#7GaMeFr33kPosted 8/20/2012 4:19:46 AM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
GaMeFr33k posted...
stephanicus posted...

How so?

Your forgetting a HUGE factor that makes a LFG system worthless in GW2. There are no tanks/healers. If there were no tanks/healers in WoW or SWTOR, as soon as you queued up it would be INSTANT. There are also no groups bigger than 5 more dungeons. Getting 4 DPS together in an MMO for a dungeon will take a matter of seconds or minutes after typing in 1 simple, "LF4M Asacalon Tombs".

Back to your question Karmic, why is it a double-sided sword for games like WoW?

Because it makes people AFK and alt-tab out of the game and wait for their client to flash signifying the queue popped. I did this in WoW/Rift all the time. This makes everyone AFK in 1 city with everything, destroying the community and killing socialization. Community & socializing are what MAKE an MMO an MMO.
---
#8KarmicAwesomeDJPosted 8/20/2012 4:30:53 AM
GaMeFr33k posted...
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
GaMeFr33k posted...
stephanicus posted...

How so?

Your forgetting a HUGE factor that makes a LFG system worthless in GW2. There are no tanks/healers. If there were no tanks/healers in WoW or SWTOR, as soon as you queued up it would be INSTANT. There are also no groups bigger than 5 more dungeons. Getting 4 DPS together in an MMO for a dungeon will take a matter of seconds or minutes after typing in 1 simple, "LF4M Asacalon Tombs".

Back to your question Karmic, why is it a double-sided sword for games like WoW?

Because it makes people AFK and alt-tab out of the game and wait for their client to flash signifying the queue popped. I did this in WoW/Rift all the time. This makes everyone AFK in 1 city with everything, destroying the community and killing socialization. Community & socializing are what MAKE an MMO an MMO.

I would actually disagree. While it happened a few times that I missed the queue "popping" because I always play with sound off (although I try to find a nice, quiet area and turn on sound so I don't miss the queue), I don't think it leads to people afking in cities, they were doing this long before LFD/LFR even existed. I would actually argue that the opposite may be true. You queue in LFD or LFR, and since you don't want to miss your opportunity to do a raid or dungeon and have to re-queue or whatever, you instead stay focused on the game and maybe do a few dailies while you wait. Or fish. Or kite Gamon to the AH to annoy people.

I'd also like to add that some of the most amazing people I've met online are people I've met in LFR and LFD while playing WoW. I'm not usually a very outgoing guy, but when I'm on my tanks doing LFD or LFR I'll be so out there and joke with people or just start a conversation about any random thing I can possibly think of, it makes everything so much more fun.

Note that I'm not saying "GW2 sukz lol no LFD lmao wat is diz 2005!!", however. I respect that this feature will not be present in this game and, to be honest, it probably would be a waste of development time if it had been in the game. You'll have millions of players all over the place starting Friday and I'm sure many of them will be around for quite some time.

I do hope they at least consider adding the feature if the playerbase started stagnating though, it can make an almost-dead server feel like it's full of life again.
---
http://soundcloud.com/xiretha
Some of my random vg remixes that aren't OverClocked worthy :<