PC Gamer goes through Twilight Arbor, a level 50 dungeon (Spoilers)

#1EternalNetherPosted 8/20/2012 11:22:50 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/20/guild-wars-2-video-exclusive-12-minutes-of-the-level-50-twilight-arbor-dungeon/

Did a search and didn't see it. Basically the video shows up to the first boss of Twilight Arbor. There's also a neat scene between Rytlock, Logan, and Caithe. It looks like things between the members of Destiny's Edge are pretty tense.
---
Official FAQ-Writing Bookah of the Guild Wars 2 Boards.
#2JebSkatr2Posted 8/20/2012 11:24:22 AM
Tag for later, awesome haven't seen anything this high level yet.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/20/2012 11:27:47 AM
Spoiler

So the first boss is the Underground Spider Queen? The spider that just chilled in one spot where everyone went DPS crazy on and it literally died without moving or doing anything?
#4Cool_new_namePosted 8/20/2012 11:32:02 AM
Anet really needs to redesign those enemies. They were time sinks and not challenges.
They need to hit harder and die faster. They need to force defense and offensive strategies.
I'm honestly disappointed with the footage.
When official forums are up gonna make a topic about this, as I hope high level content has some real depth.
#5_Anticlimactic_Posted 8/20/2012 11:36:40 AM
Cool_new_name posted...
Anet really needs to redesign those enemies. They were time sinks and not challenges.
They need to hit harder and die faster. They need to force defense and offensive strategies.
When official forums are up gonna make a topic about this, as I hope high level content has some real depth.

whoa whoa whoa clearly you dont understand what anet wants to do here! to get all the wow noobs to flood this game they have to make it reallllllly easy/ boring.
#6Cool_new_namePosted 8/20/2012 11:37:58 AM
_Anticlimactic_ posted...
Cool_new_name posted...

whoa whoa whoa clearly you dont understand what anet wants to do here! to get all the wow noobs to flood this game they have to make it reallllllly easy/ boring.

You kinna stop me. I'm outta control after watching this. I cannot be convinced to calm down.
arrrrrooooooooooooo
#7phillukinPosted 8/20/2012 11:48:14 AM
Cool_new_name posted...
_Anticlimactic_ posted...
Cool_new_name posted...

You kinna stop me. I'm outta control after watching this. I cannot be convinced to calm down.
arrrrrooooooooooooo

Difficulty won't be found in the story missions, most of them are really easy/slightly challenging. The more difficult encounters will be found through the explorable versions.
#8EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 11:50:47 AM
As far as I'm aware it was the story mode. Not the explorable. It's supposed to be easier. So you all can stop your constant *****ing now. Although im sure you'll find something else to complain about. That's all you people do on this board. You complain and whine and act like the entitled community that represents most of today's gaming industry.
---
Official FAQ-Writing Bookah of the Guild Wars 2 Boards.
#9darkjedilinkPosted 8/20/2012 11:53:43 AM
EternalNether posted...
As far as I'm aware it was the story mode. Not the explorable. It's supposed to be easier. So you all can stop your constant *****ing now. Although im sure you'll find something else to complain about. That's all you people do on this board. You complain and whine and act like the entitled community that represents most of today's gaming industry.

Not to mention that they were doing the dungeon with people who've been running it 4 times a day for God only knows how long - they know whom to take out when and how.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/20/2012 11:54:23 AM
EternalNether posted...

Entitled to having fun in a video game is difficult to grasp, right. Of course not, a video game should be extremely easy to complete without having nothing more than 2 button presses. So instead of it being some what challenging, it's just mind numbing. That's what you're saying, but really I believe the difficulty of the dungeon is a valid complaint.