The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is there a way to change servers?

#1sethlumaPosted 8/20/2012 5:41:34 PM
During the last bwe, it put me in a sever I didn't want to be on, is there a way to change servers, without paying money?

I'm under the impression, i'm stuck with the server now.
#2NCPwnPosted 8/20/2012 5:44:50 PM
Yes, but you have to pay up.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, MAG, Awesomenauts, Tachyon, Myst
#3kingofthekidsPosted 8/20/2012 5:45:30 PM
You're not. Once the game launches (or you're in the head start, presumably), you can pick an all-new server. For an unspecified time after release, server changes are free. Once the game's population stabilizes, it will then cost a set amount of gems to transfer.
#4kakashik99992Posted 8/20/2012 5:47:43 PM(edited)
NCPwn posted...

You know spreading wrong information is getting out of hand here at least Karmic got banned on some acc and warned in others I wonder how long we have to wait until the others goes too.Aside from what was said if you only want to play with friends in other server there is a system for that
#5NCPwnPosted 8/20/2012 5:51:24 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...

You know spreading wrong information is getting out of hand here at least Karmic got banned on some acc and warned in others I wonder how long we have to wait until the others goes too.Aside from what was said if you only want to play with friends in other server there is a system for that

EXCUSE ME, but I read on the wiki that you can buy character transfers using the store. So it's logical to assume you need to pay to transfer them. Not to mention I didn't know about the free transfers for the opening days, <link please> , but how was this misinformation? Do you or do you not buy transfers from the gem store or what ever it's called?

Thought so.
---
NIER, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, MAG, Awesomenauts, Tachyon, Myst
#6LizardneckPosted 8/20/2012 5:54:41 PM
NCPwn posted...
Not to mention I didn't know about the free transfers for the opening days, <link please>

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/

At launch, players will be able to transfer between worlds freely. However, once server populations have largely settled and stabilized, world transfers will be restricted to once a week and cost a variable amount of gems based on the population of the world being transferred to.
#7NCPwnPosted 8/20/2012 5:56:01 PM
Lizardneck posted...
NCPwn posted...
Not to mention I didn't know about the free transfers for the opening days, <link please>

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/

At launch, players will be able to transfer between worlds freely. However, once server populations have largely settled and stabilized, world transfers will be restricted to once a week and cost a variable amount of gems based on the population of the world being transferred to.

Cool thanks.
---
#8kakashik99992Posted 8/20/2012 6:02:27 PM(edited)
NCPwn posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...

EXCUSE ME, but I read on the wiki that you can buy character transfers using the store. So it's logical to assume you need to pay to transfer them. Not to mention I didn't know about the free transfers for the opening days, <link please> , but how was this misinformation? Do you or do you not buy transfers from the gem store or what ever it's called?

Thought so.

Wait what were you saying again? It's funny how many times you don't know the important information about the BS you say and intentionally leave out of your response some things like(from the Wiki) that should be part of a reasonable response but all you want is try to bash the game right? Hahaha stop acting like a kid dude(assuming you aren't one with all your free time)

I'm on one server, but my friend is on another. Can we play together?
Primary article: Guesting
Yes. Guesting allows you to participate in PvE content on an alternative server. However, you can only participate in WvW via your home world.
#9NCPwnPosted 8/20/2012 6:03:21 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...

Thought so.

Wait what were you saying again? It's funny how many times you don't know the important information about the BS you and intentionally leave out of your response some things like(from the Wiki) that should be part of a reasonable response but all you want is try to bash the game right? Hahaha stop acting like a kid dude(assuming you aren't one with all your free time)

Yes. Guesting allows you to participate in PvE content on an alternative server. However, you can only participate in WvW via your home world.

How was that bashing? Almost every game company charges you for character transfers. I'd ask you to let me know which one will do it free? The only game I know is Dark Age of Camelot when the merged servers offered you a one time free transfer.

I also kept my answer short and consise, and upon learning about the few days you get free transfers, my answer will be 99.999999% right till the end of time.
---
#10greatone101Posted 8/20/2012 6:05:08 PM
NCPwn posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
NCPwn posted...

Thought so.

Wait what were you saying again? It's funny how many times you don't know the important information about the BS you and intentionally leave out of your response some things like(from the Wiki) that should be part of a reasonable response but all you want is try to bash the game right? Hahaha stop acting like a kid dude(assuming you aren't one with all your free time)

How was that bashing? Almost every game company charges you for character transfers. I'd ask you to let me know which one will do it free? The only game I know is Dark Age of Camelot when the merged servers offered you a one time free transfer.

I also kept my answer short and consise, and upon learning about the few days you get free transfers, my answer will be 99.999999% right till the end of time.

And which game also charges you with ingame gold too?

Cause if you actually played the betas or knew anything about the game you would know you can pay via ingame gold. Then again trolls like yourself dont get that fact.

And we also have guest transfers too.