What class seems most OP in the beta/stress tests?

#1CashPrizesPosted 8/20/2012 8:27:34 PM
I heard somewhere that the melee classes seemed gimp in GW2, but I really had my mind set on playing some type of thief hybrid. I like tanking too, but the Guardian and Warrior just look blah..
#2Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 8/20/2012 8:28:32 PM
none
#3Blue_DekuPosted 8/20/2012 8:33:24 PM
Warriors, supposedly.
---
Video games don't make people violent... and I'll kill anyone who disagrees!
#4havok718Posted 8/20/2012 8:49:07 PM
Whatever class I was playing at the time.
#5Gibble1Posted 8/20/2012 8:52:27 PM
Warrior and Guardian are at the top.
---
I was a dancer all along.
#6cddumdodoPosted 8/20/2012 8:53:26 PM
Go memser , totally over powered man... XD
/shivers
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 8/20/2012 8:54:31 PM
anything ranged
#8CruxisInhibitorPosted 8/20/2012 9:17:52 PM
It's just because of the combat system and lack of trinity when coupled with dynamic scaling...the experience equates to ranged being more viable than melee, which is just the sad truth. They seem to have had little forethought when they made these "innovations." Some classes seem gimp and lackluster because of their utilities or limited weapon sets. Mesmer, Thief, Engineer, and Ranger. Out of all of them, the Elementalist and Warrior seem the most polished and like they've had the most conceptual attention. Compared to the other classes, i feel like Warrior just outshines them all, not because of damage, but because of cohesiveness and sheer amount of options / playstyles. They really bombed big time with the way they've set up combat and skill progression. The lack of trinity is also sort of a drawback to depth, i feel. Others may not agree, but i wonder what the game would play like had they not done these things (pigeonhole weapon bars, homogenize buff / debuff system for each class, make classes and mechanics too linear and shallow (Guardian) do away with specialization or serious deckbuilding, and take out the dedicated healer concept.)
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#9random_noobiePosted 8/20/2012 9:32:09 PM
inb4 warr--

Blue_Deku posted...
Warriors, supposedly.

damnit.

CruxisInhibitor posted...
It's just because of the combat system and lack of trinity when coupled with dynamic scaling...the experience equates to ranged being more viable than melee, which is just the sad truth.

completely false.

and, i feel GW2 is more like pokemon or a MOBA-styled game (such as DotA 2/HoN/LoL): it's easy to learn, but hard to master. as such, there's a HUGE difference between the casual, less skilled player then there is a profession or more skilled player.

pokemon seems simple in concept: four skills, limited uses and type weaknesses with different types of defenses and offenses. standard concepts, yes? then you realize how much more there is to the game. spikes, switch-ins, baton passes, baiting, etc.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#10NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 8/20/2012 9:43:03 PM
Melee isn't gimp at all.