What class seems most OP in the beta/stress tests?

#11VargzPosted 8/21/2012 12:04:42 AM
The answer to this question changes wildly depending on what aspect of the game you're talking about. General world PvE? Event bosses? Dungeons? Structured PvP, and in which format? WvW zerg? Smaller WvW groups?

sPvP tends to get the most attention from people concerned about balance so you'll see people say warriors a whole lot, as they're pretty strong in that regard.
#12adgatoPosted 8/21/2012 2:28:05 AM
Commando sounds crazy OP, look it up on the wiki. So OP. Unbelievable.
#13PijinzPosted 8/21/2012 3:04:24 AM
The range/melee thing isn't class dependent so much, as all the classes have some sort of ranged option. It's true that range is much more advantageous in PvE though. PvP wise it's Warriors that have been called OP the most. That's probably just them having a particularly good burst strategy in a meta-game where most players are going full-on glass cannon. Still, they're definitely a potent class; very good mobility to go along with the damage.
#14J0vaniPosted 8/21/2012 3:11:08 AM
adgato posted...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1tv9VpnwmY
---
Yay Yay!
#15OkamiakuPosted 8/21/2012 5:09:02 AM
Condition builds

namly Bleed Warriors (Duel Swords), bleed rangers with spirit pets (Axe/warhorn) and bleed/poison/burn necromancers (Scepter)

In theory you could make a crit heavy guardian that could keep Burning and bleed or poison up on a target as well.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#16TronogyPosted 8/21/2012 5:16:37 AM
I would have to say warriors. Get that adrenaline boost skill with a 2hander and a hammer. Pop on 'for great justice' and start ripping things apart!!!!
---
"Human history is a lie!"
#17TnykuuhPosted 8/21/2012 7:33:51 AM
the game is more base on "player skill" than the stats and build of the classes.

If you're good at dodging (especially as a thief) every class can be a powerhouse. All of them have some sort of support skills and DPS skills and you can switch between them easily in a middle of a fight.

so has of right now I don't think there's is an OP class, some might have it easier but not enough to call them OP.
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#18adgatoPosted 8/21/2012 7:39:11 AM
J0vani posted...
adgato posted...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1tv9VpnwmY

Too bad the link is busted. TC could see the Commando piloting drop ships, rocket launchers, scoped rifles. Makes the Engineer look sick. So OP.
#19TempestMoonPosted 8/21/2012 7:44:11 AM
It was Guardian but they've been nerfed down lately. I think Rangers might actually be pretty heavy right now.
---
There's a bad moon on the rise
#20JebSkatr2Posted 8/21/2012 7:59:29 AM
That ranger spirit bleed build video that's been floating around is pretty damn scary, actually.

The birds man, the birds.