display name you selected in GW2 site = in game name?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. display name you selected in GW2 site = in game name?
3 years ago#1
you don't get to choose name when you make character?
3 years ago#2
You choose your character's name per character when you create it. Why would you think otherwise?
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
3 years ago#3
You can name your characters at creation.
3 years ago#4
Yeah, the display name is used when you want to add someone to your friend list.
---
Captain Falcon used his Aerial Forward + A move while wearing a bee costume. It was the bee's knees.
3 years ago#5
It's only an account name.
3 years ago#6
lets say your account/site name is "Dudebro" then you make a character named "MLGsinper"

when people look at guild/friends list they will see "MLGsniper (dudebro.1234), the numbers are random and everyone gets them added to their names. this way you only add the person once, then you'll see them online no matter the character they pick/make
---
nomnomnom
3 years ago#7
From my experience, people running around /saying will use your character name, of course. But in our guild, especially if someone swaps alts often, it is easier to just address members by their account name.
3 years ago#8
gah,,,,,,,,,,,,, if players can see my account name...me think me need to change it..lol...
---
WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WorldWide* and #1 world BPC, as of 4/7/10
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. display name you selected in GW2 site = in game name?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived