Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again!

#11ArcaneVandalPosted 8/24/2012 6:35:41 PM
Bump as well. I get to 100% and then the error in question shows. I have disabled all of my firewalls/anti virus, ran as admin, even did "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" in command prompt.

Interestingly, after the error I Xed it out, then double clicked the exe and like.. 10 more files DLed but that small DL got to 100%. So.. I am going to wait til 3am and try to log in.

Until then, any new solutions would be most appreciated. Good luck everyone!
#12blackheart6004Posted 8/24/2012 6:38:47 PM(edited)
Maybe try the Repair option?

From the Support Page -

If you are having problems running Guild Wars 2, the data archive may have become corrupted. Please follow these steps to verify and repair the archive:

Locate your Gw2.exe file.
Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add -repair to the end.
Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -repair
Click OK.

If none of the other post's suggestions are working, I suggest you contact their Customer Support.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#13CenaFUWL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 6:39:42 PM
ArcaneVandal posted...
Bump as well. I get to 100% and then the error in question shows. I have disabled all of my firewalls/anti virus, ran as admin, even did "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" in command prompt.

Interestingly, after the error I Xed it out, then double clicked the exe and like.. 10 more files DLed but that small DL got to 100%. So.. I am going to wait til 3am and try to log in.

Until then, any new solutions would be most appreciated. Good luck everyone!

So insane, the exact same issue. I am going crazy at this point. haha
#14CenaFUWL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 6:43:23 PM
Giving your last suggestion a shot Blackheart, thanks a bunch for all your help. I sure hope this works!!
#15CenaFUWL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 6:53:13 PM
Completed the repair and still no luck. Think I am going to tap out. I have no more ideas.
#16ArcaneVandalPosted 8/24/2012 6:59:12 PM
Attempting the repair as well. Will update. I heard copying the game files on flash drive from someone who has GW2 does the trick, but that won't solve the ultimate problem. There also has to be someone nearby with the game, obviously. Thank you for all input so far, though. Appreciate it.

/sigh we shall see..
#17CenaFUWL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 7:46:08 PM
Could this all be because of too many people being on trying to download at the same time? Maybe irrational, I don't know but I just don't have any logical answers.
#18CenaFUWL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 9:02:21 PM
Not to be an annoyance, but any other suggestions that anybody can throw my way??? I am super desperate at the point. Thanks again.
#19Desperado19Posted 8/25/2012 6:11:12 AM
Heh, I got the retail disk copy and I'm getting this error too.
---
"I, am the man with no name.... Zapp Brannigan at your service!"
#20ryden559Posted 8/25/2012 6:16:28 AM
hmmm, call me crazy but it may have something to do with the servers being down......