Anyone else hate the ui?

#1DevistroPosted 8/25/2012 3:24:13 AM
The buttons.
The map.
The tooltips.
The inventory.
The character sheet & skill sheet.

It all just looks completely horrid. The game is fun but the text is too small and the lack of organization in the inventory and the way it looks like bubble wrap is placed over the map is just frustrating.
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#2AshrahmPosted 8/25/2012 3:25:24 AM
as with most things, you need to get used to it. then you will enjoy that friggen map more then any other game. i like it now as much as i used to hate it. and i really hated it at first.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/25/2012 3:26:23 AM
Actually no, I kinda like it... they changed the font so you can read it now..

I would like to customize it but it's not too bad. Wish the health globe was higher up, like up top like in most games so I'm not having to look down(I have a 27" display)
#4ScreamingMidgetPosted 8/25/2012 3:26:55 AM
The UI is absolutely great.
#5akaTNOPosted 8/25/2012 3:28:22 AM
I don't really like it, reminds me too much of the Star Wars: The Old Republic UI.
#6SpazH3dPosted 8/25/2012 3:39:03 AM
It's incredibly easy to understand and I think it looks spiffy. I love it.
---
- My vision is augmented
#7HunterTorenPosted 8/25/2012 3:41:50 AM
Yeah, I like it. Certainly have no problems with it... it works well and is easy to follow, what more do you need?
#8EternalNetherPosted 8/25/2012 3:48:25 AM
Probably the best UI out of any MMO I've ever seen. While the customization isn't quite up to the level of Guild Wars 1, it's probably second best in my book (games with add-ons like WoW don't count) and the beautiful art direction they took with it pushes it over the top. Everything from the painted feel to the fluid animations of the interface are fantastic and you can tell they put a lot of thought into it.

Of course, back at Gamescom 2010 when that first piece of leaked footage came out I took one glimpse at it and said WTF is this I don't even.....

Ah, first impressions :)
---
Official FAQ-Writing Bookah of the Guild Wars 2 Boards.
#9PsyGunWulfPosted 8/25/2012 3:49:23 AM
I like it but I would still love to customize it. Specially the chat box.
#10akaTNOPosted 8/25/2012 3:51:44 AM
The problem with the GUILD WARS 2 UI is the small text, hard to read characters...although they improved the font from what it was prior, it's still hard for me to read due to the extremely TOO SMALL TEXT. If that wasn't enough I often end up having to reclick and reclick the same buttons due to server side lag (my ping is good!). The RUBBERBANDING in the game is horrible, and it happens to the UI a lot too.