The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

trait/ skill points question

#1Grey_AsakuraPosted 8/27/2012 11:54:41 AM
so form what i see
you get 1 trait points everytime you level up
which means max trait points is 80 right? (or like 70 something ish)

now about skill points , assuming you get all that r scattered around the world and fro level up
how many do you guet?
and i heard you still get skill points for lvling past 80
does that mean verybody/evry class can get all 6-0 skills?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZuXHL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CEvtF.jpg
Delicious Erza
#2Anodyne11Posted 8/27/2012 11:57:19 AM
You get trait points every level from level 11 onwards for 70 total.
You get a skill point every level and there are also 202 skill points to find around the world.
Getting to level 80 and doing all of those will leave you with excess points to spend on skills.

You can use skill points to craft things also which is why they're unlimited after every "level up" past 80
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#3janesa13Posted 8/27/2012 12:01:23 PM
you get 1 trait points starting at lvl 11. So you will get total 70 trait points.

You start getting SP at level 10 (I think) and from whatever SP quest that you do. It's those on the map that has blue ^ logo.
Anet has stated that you will have enough SP to get all the skills.
---
Reality has exiled me.
I am no longer bound by its laws
#4RizzonaterPosted 8/27/2012 12:04:04 PM
janesa13 posted...
you get 1 trait points starting at lvl 11. So you will get total 70 trait points.

You start getting SP at level 10 (I think) and from whatever SP quest that you do. It's those on the map that has blue ^ logo.
Anet has stated that you will have enough SP to get all the skills.

Skill points start at level 5, and seem to be unlimited. Otherwise, yeah this
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#5janesa13Posted 8/27/2012 1:36:57 PM
I stand corrected. Yes, SP start at level 5 (when you first unlock the skill at button '7') and will still get SP after level 80.
The reason for unlimited SP is you will need them to buy certain crafting items from mystic forge vendor in Lion's Arch and they only accept SP as payment.

Also, just as an added info, those ^ SP quest on the map so far (for me at least. I'm only level 20) consists of:
- fighting something
- just walk to the point and click on it (usually these are quite hidden or deep within some mob area)
- walk to it, click on it to get an item, use the item and get the SP (hidden or deep within a dangerous area)
- there was one where the npc tell you some info and then quiz you on it. Get it right and the SP is yours.
---
Reality has exiled me.
I am no longer bound by its laws
#6Grey_Asakura(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2012 8:22:08 PM
another Q
do trats overlap?

on my ele i see fire traits that says "deal 10% more damage while attuned to fire"
while on air trait side theres one that says "deal 20% more damage to foe with hp less that 25%"

so if i have both those triats and im attuned to fire and the enmy has less than 25% do i deal 30% damage?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZuXHL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CEvtF.jpg
Delicious Erza
#7Kevman510Posted 8/27/2012 10:53:04 PM
quick question: i dont know much about this game or how the skill leveling works (tree style?) but is it like in Diablo 3, where every class will eventually have all of the same skills and abilities? Because i've always much preferred the tree path because it allowed you to make a job unique to everyone else playing that same class, and I hated that in Diablo 3 everyone was exactly the same except for what items you had. Sorry if that's a dumb question.
---
Brawl Code: 2320-5808-6078
Name: Rollo
#8Kevman510Posted 8/27/2012 11:22:55 PM
bump
---
Brawl Code: 2320-5808-6078
Name: Rollo
#9Demonee-HoPosted 8/27/2012 11:33:06 PM
Grey_Asakura posted...
another Q
do trats overlap?

on my ele i see fire traits that says "deal 10% more damage while attuned to fire"
while on air trait side theres one that says "deal 20% more damage to foe with hp less that 25%"

so if i have both those triats and im attuned to fire and the enmy has less than 25% do i deal 30% damage?

Afaik, they overlap.

Kevman510 posted...
quick question: i dont know much about this game or how the skill leveling works (tree style?) but is it like in Diablo 3, where every class will eventually have all of the same skills and abilities? Because i've always much preferred the tree path because it allowed you to make a job unique to everyone else playing that same class, and I hated that in Diablo 3 everyone was exactly the same except for what items you had. Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Not a dumb question since many people make assumptions about this aspect, and they tend to get it wrong. You gain every skill, but you are limited in what you carry by weapon selection and slot skills. You alter the function of all skills through traits, which are limited and semi-permanent (you need an NPC to reset them). You further customize them through gear upgrades in the form of gems and runes. It's more like D3 with the RPG elements of D2.

Futhermore skills have synergy more notably in the form of combos, so your loadout is very important.
#10ZaishiPosted 8/27/2012 11:35:36 PM
Everyone is eventually going to get every skill for their class, there is no tree. There are however 5 trait paths 30 points deep and you only get 70 points, which almost sort of works like a talent tree, so it's not D3 where everyone is the same, you can easily customize your character the way you want.