Choosing between the Vigil, Durmand Priory & the Order of Whispers?

#21PheemPosted 8/28/2012 7:06:33 PM
I'm in a similar dilemma as the TC, I want to choose Durmand Priory but that Vigil heavy armor is epic.

Can you still get heavy armor Durmand Priory stuff? If so, anyone got pics?
---
GW2: Tannith - Henge of Denravi
#22AsurasKordothPosted 8/28/2012 7:09:09 PM
As an Ele I still went with Order of Whispers. Only because his plans during that mission all seemed good to me... I knew that Ele makes more sense as Priory but I thought that guy had the worse plans of the bunch.
---
-Merc
#23FF4Fan1313Posted 8/28/2012 7:12:54 PM
AsurasKordoth posted...
As an Ele I still went with Order of Whispers. Only because his plans during that mission all seemed good to me... I knew that Ele makes more sense as Priory but I thought that guy had the worse plans of the bunch.

Yeah \this plus the fact that OoW was in Guild Wars 1 was what swayed my decision. Obviously, I plan on doing all three eventually.
---
GW2 - The last time I was this excited for a game was never!
Judge the Catholic Church by its saints, not by its hypocrites.
#24OhoniPosted 8/28/2012 7:18:27 PM
Ok, now that I've started the mission chains, the Whispers one just sounds so much more fun than the other two.
#25WhyYouSoSmartPosted 8/28/2012 7:28:04 PM
Ranger and chose vigil. Vigil quest are mobs and mobs and mobs and mobs of enemy.
#26Bobby_VangPosted 8/28/2012 7:30:50 PM
Difficulty applies too if you didn't know.

Go with Vigils for faster questing/big mobs/faster xp. Although it requires you to be slightly higher level and more geared.

The Mage guys I found there quests being a lot easier.

Then the Thieves, I haven't done it with them yet.
#27yakkacruzPosted 8/28/2012 7:36:53 PM
WhyYouSoSmart posted...
Ranger and chose vigil. Vigil quest are mobs and mobs and mobs and mobs of enemy.

sounds awful like most earlier quests I did
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
#28InfernalDragon5Posted 8/28/2012 7:40:29 PM
For charr, the vigil and order are dudes, while the priory is a chick.
#29snaggleooooPosted 8/28/2012 8:04:12 PM
So far, the Order of Whispers PS quests have got my character high (actually poisoned, but hallucinating) and in a drinking contest before talking drunk to a high noble. So it's been good so far. I'm a Sylvari Guardian lv32 btw; I'm not sure when races come together to just do Order business, around 30 I guess.
#30OhoniPosted 8/28/2012 8:08:52 PM
Well, right now I'm just in the "try out" phase, where in one mission I was asked to choose between the Priory and Whispers for one mission, then Vigil and Whispers, then Priory and Vigil, and I did the first two as Whispers (Asura side), and they were all pretty fun. There was no combat in the first one but some fun RP elements, and then in the second one there was a fairly tough fight scene, but far from the worst I've faced. My Whispers "handler" died in that fight though, so clearly I'm more awesome than them. ;)

It's funny too though, because my character looks exactly like the Whispers handler, except black hair and violet eyes instead of blonde with green eyes.