Email on password reset?

#1TaintedEonPosted 8/28/2012 12:52:59 PM
Anyone else getting it? I saw one other person post about it...what gives?

Phishing or someone actually trying to brute-force my password?
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#2bioskarrdPosted 8/28/2012 12:55:20 PM
My account got completely hacked, email got changed 4 hours after password got reset(i was sleeping >_>)
#3MobilecrashPosted 8/28/2012 12:58:50 PM
I've received two of these on the email I signed up for beta with (before pre-purchasing and putting the account on a different email). I don't think it's legit. To be safe, I changed my password the right way after I received it, even though the email it was sent to wasn't associated with the account I can play on. You probably shouldn't click that link.
#4Think0028Posted 8/28/2012 12:58:57 PM
I got a password reset email too at about 2:00 AM. Did a bunch of emails get leaked or something?
#5Think0028Posted 8/28/2012 1:00:14 PM
And the link appears to be legit on the one I got. I didn't click it, but the base URL is to the actual GW2 site.
#6Arcell_GarzaPosted 8/28/2012 1:00:18 PM
If it's the same email I've seen, it's actually a real email. The address matches up to the official one. My password was never actually changed, seems like someone just tried to force it or reset the password themselves. Possibly using emails obtained from one of the many hackings in the past year (Blizzard, Gawker, PSN, etc...)

Though I got this email this morning I haven't had any issues with my account all day.
---
Monster Hunter Tri - Arcell (LLEQ3Q)
#7TaintedEon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 1:00:27 PM
Mine came at 2:03 PM CST, I assume the people responsible don't have access to passwords, but I assume that the emails all got leaked.
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#8vahndragonwingPosted 8/28/2012 1:06:52 PM
Note that there are also EMAIL changes going on as well. If they DO get a hold of your password, they can get into your account and change the EMAIL associated without having to have access to said email to confirm (The confirmation is on the new email's end, to confirm it can receive them). At that point it's a waiting game on anet's customer service.
---
"Is metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from final fantasy 8?"
#9TaintedEon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 1:10:10 PM
Which is why my email and bank are on a different password than the rest of my life. :P
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#10funkydude31Posted 8/28/2012 1:11:48 PM
No idea. No emails here, changed pass just to be safe anyway though. I'm curious, any of you guys go on guild wars guru? I know they were having hacking issues back in gw1 days. Just be careful what sites you go on, and for god sakes use more than 1 password combo for all the sites you go on.