"Download failed! Please check your internet connection..."

#11DraconisRexPosted 8/29/2012 10:16:12 AM
Tullamore27 posted...
Ryukazer posted...
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/52986-download-failed-check-your-internet-connection/

scroll down to what Bahadur said, second poster.

I sent this to my friend because he was having the same problem and it worked for him. :)

None of that helped. I already have the required ports open. It doesn't changed anything. The required Ports are open, firewalls down, antivirus disabled etc.Run admin, -repair.. I'm at a loss. Again. Could this error be due to having a wireless router and adapter?? I'm not sure why it would make a difference.. but what in the hell. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to mess with my port forward and network settings just to make a game download. Any further suggestions?

I don't have time for the long story. Short story is I went back to Cat5 cable.. Different game, same issue. Some issues with routher/wireless connectivity were causing.

Good luck.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#12Tullamore27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 11:23:19 AM
DraconisRex posted...
Tullamore27 posted...
Ryukazer posted...
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/52986-download-failed-check-your-internet-connection/

scroll down to what Bahadur said, second poster.

I sent this to my friend because he was having the same problem and it worked for him. :)

None of that helped. I already have the required ports open. It doesn't changed anything. The required Ports are open, firewalls down, antivirus disabled etc.Run admin, -repair.. I'm at a loss. Again. Could this error be due to having a wireless router and adapter?? I'm not sure why it would make a difference.. but what in the hell. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to mess with my port forward and network settings just to make a game download. Any further suggestions?

I don't have time for the long story. Short story is I went back to Cat5 cable.. Different game, same issue. Some issues with routher/wireless connectivity were causing.

Good luck.

I'm not going to drill holes all over the place, and then router a 50ft cable... Any other suggestions?
#13greatone101Posted 8/29/2012 11:27:16 AM
have you have programs like peerblock running disable that.
#14Tullamore27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 11:32:14 AM
greatone101 posted...

I've never heard of it. So no. I"m quite sure Arenanet/GW2 will not fix this issue on their own.

So.... I've already paid for the freakin game and can't even download it. Don't come at me with disable firewall, antivirus, run admin, open ports etc.. This is just insane.
#15Tullamore27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 12:09:59 PM
Tullamore27 posted...
greatone101 posted...

I've never heard of it. So no. I"m quite sure Arenanet/GW2 will not fix this issue on their own.

So.... I've already paid for the freakin game and can't even download it. Don't come at me with disable firewall, antivirus, run admin, open ports etc.. This is just insane.

bump
#16danteswPosted 8/29/2012 12:31:13 PM
Shot in the dark but I would try and delete all of your temporary internet files, could be a bad file or cookie messing things up.
#17TokejuggPosted 8/29/2012 12:37:16 PM
i am having the same issue i just spent sixty bucks on a game and i cant install it? get ******* real. anyone know what to do this is actual garbage.
---
2D Fighting is champion
BlazBlue Main:Random SF4 Main:Random XBL:B1g510w
#18TokejuggPosted 8/29/2012 12:42:11 PM
Well i seem to have prematured all over the place. i plugged it in with an ethernet cord and its working noow idk what the deal is with wireless
---
2D Fighting is champion
BlazBlue Main:Random SF4 Main:Random XBL:B1g510w
#19Tullamore27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 1:39:09 PM
Tullamore27 posted...
Tullamore27 posted...
greatone101 posted...

bump

I still haven't found a solution for this problem... I've done all suggestions. I don't have another computer to download from and then copy to mine.. Even if I did, the launcher still probably wouldn't work. I've opened ports, disabled firewalls, antiviruses, messed around with my DNS, router settings, disabled router firewall... I just don't know. It has to a problem with Arenanet, since I've never had a problem downloading any other game. I'm at a loss. I may just have to ask for a refund and forget the game exists.
#20ThA_jUgAnauTPosted 8/31/2012 1:41:41 PM
Maybe....
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/31/guild-wars-2-suspends-digital-sales
Dunno....
---
XBL Tag: ThA JugAnauT713, Diablo 3: Pedestrian#1903
SWTOR: Spice-Runner