Confess your Sins: Have you ever used an Exploit in a Video Game Before?

#1Q_SenseiPosted 8/30/2012 9:03:04 PM
Have you ever used an Exploit in a Video Game Before? - Results (355 votes)
Yes, but only in single player games.
46.2% (164 votes)
Yes, but only in multiplayer games that you have to connect peer to peer.
2.54% (9 votes)
Yes, even in an online game, but not an MMO.
9.01% (32 votes)
Yes, even in an MMO before, but not GW2
12.68% (45 votes)
Yes, in GW2
2.54% (9 votes)
No, but I might if I knew about them before they started banning people for them.
3.1% (11 votes)
No, I think it's cheating and it's wrong.
14.65% (52 votes)
There's no such thing as an exploit. Only programmer oversights.
9.3% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Confess your sins.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2Rama_IIIPosted 8/30/2012 9:04:49 PM
I don't know if it counts, but in Medal of Honor and the first few Call of Duty games I would sometimes make my own server and modify the physics in fun ways...gravity, speed...that sort of thing. All in the name of fun, though.
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#3EternalFlame66Posted 8/30/2012 9:05:27 PM
I have no qualms about exploiting when there are no consequences. Hey I'm not a saint. Though it's kinda 50/50. Sometimes you get punished for it (Guild wars 2) sometimes you get away with it (Maplestory).

A system that doesn't punish exploiters is junk though.
---
Such is your fate.
#4Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 9:05:44 PM(edited)
Rama_III posted...
I don't know if it counts, but in Medal of Honor and the first few Call of Duty games I would sometimes make my own server and modify the physics in fun ways...gravity, speed...that sort of thing. All in the name of fun, though.

I think that's less of an exploit and more of an all out hack though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#5zman133Posted 8/30/2012 9:05:35 PM
I'm not gonna lie, i bought 4 of those cultural weapons for when i hit 60. Honestly, when i don't think i'll be caught or punished for an exploit, i'll probablly use it.
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#6cheesesammichesPosted 8/30/2012 9:05:46 PM
Yes. In WoW, WAR and FFXI I sometimes sold items I crafted to vendors. I'm such a filthy exploiter. :(
#7Rama_IIIPosted 8/30/2012 9:07:11 PM
Q_Sensei posted...
Rama_III posted...

I think that's less of an exploit and more of an all out hack though.

No more than any other game mods. Tribes, UT...there were plenty of games that thrived because of mods.

You do know I'm not talking about the lolconsole versions, right?
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#8EtharinPosted 8/30/2012 9:08:55 PM(edited)
zman133 posted...
I'm not gonna lie, i bought 4 of those cultural weapons for when i hit 60. Honestly, when i don't think i'll be caught or punished for an exploit, i'll probablly use it.

I used a pair of the cultural weapons when I hit 60. Makes up for all of the time I wasted reporting bugs in beta for them not to have fixed in release.
#9Robtcee13Posted 8/30/2012 9:08:01 PM
In single player games, exploits don't hurt people. I'll perform exploits so long as I've done whatever it is legitimately, and so long as it still remains fun. IE, like, I won't do anything in Skyrim that's overly crazy, because those outright ruin the game. But, I will gladly exploit every extra double jump I get in super meat boy, even with characters who aren't supposed to get them.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#10myfree090Posted 8/30/2012 9:10:49 PM
If in game cheats like cheat codes like "power overwhelming" in Starcraft or the "enablecheats=1" shenanigans in other games count then yes :p