Can warriors tank?

#1tomchewPosted 8/31/2012 1:01:41 PM
or are guards the only viable tankish class.
#2CrocadocPosted 8/31/2012 1:03:42 PM
Both wear heavy armour.
My understanding Guards have heals and more tanky abils.
---
Gamertag: KBPorter
PSN: KBPorter
#3HolyKnight199Posted 8/31/2012 1:04:24 PM
There is no tank class.

And guardians aren't even the most survivable classes. Try necros and warriors. It's just that guardians don't really have to try to have defense.
---
Peace!
#4SirGizmoPosted 8/31/2012 1:04:45 PM
Defensive tree for Warriors is insanely good. Auto proccing buff that reduces all damage to 0? Yes please.

Also they can still do super sick damage with Eviscerate.
#5ClappyTheClown_Posted 8/31/2012 1:05:39 PM
There is no tank class.

And guardians aren't even the most survivable classes. Try necros and warriors. It's just that guardians don't really have to try to have defense.

---
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/togogoto/exist-trace-naoto.jpg
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Xx_Liz_xX12/exist_trace_497796.jpg
#6arucard199Posted 8/31/2012 1:07:39 PM
Warriors can tank great. They even have a utility skill that blocks damage completely.

Defensive tree gives them really strong heals and survivability.

A warrior with a shield can effectively stand in the middle of a group of enemies and take 0 damage for up to 8 seconds; I'd call that pretty effective tanking.
---
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner
#7Last_matterPosted 8/31/2012 1:07:58 PM
I tried guardian thinking i could be able to be "tanky". How disapointed was i!

Guardian is a fun class, but it is an all-around class like every other, they have pretty good damage with greatsword, great range skills with scepter, overall good mobility. They are not tank however, you won't be able to stand in a bunch of mobs much more than you could on any other class. once you used all your c/d you are very vulnerable. If you don't use your more defensive weapons setup, you won't be more tanky than any other class.
---
That was a fail, an epic fail.. - Guy Cecil
#8MasterXassassiNPosted 8/31/2012 1:08:06 PM
guardian are the only class that i know of that can make enemies come to them though.
---
*~~ / \\ (((\\(((\\ // \\ (((\\ (((\\\/|||\|||~~*
*~~/_/\_\\|\)_))|\)_))/_/\_\\|\)_))|\)_))|_|||_\__||~~*
#9ZaishiPosted 8/31/2012 1:14:30 PM
Nobody can tank, there's no taunts or bonus threat abilities so if you just focus on survivability to "tank" then the enemies are going to ignore you until you are the last person standing.