What's the most effective Engineer build so far?

#11XGaltPosted 9/1/2012 3:49:36 PM
Turrets aren't that great until you get the rocket and net turret. Cool downs are way to long, because you're always on the move in PvE. In dungeons they probably would be more usable. Gadgets are pretty cool. The goggles give fury and the toolbelt skill weakness is pretty handy. Also the slick shoes are awesome and give you some much needed early double run speed. Also elixer U gives you some good spike damage with quickness but the randomness sometimes bites you in the ass.

As others have said flamethrower is pretty damn awesome and grenades are just epic in WvW and during events. As for weapons I've tried shield and pistol and dual pistols. Duel pistols give you some impressive conditional damage, but the shield gives you more survive-ability and more tactics to use in battle.
---
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
GT/PSN: GnuX
#12CenaxKikiaPosted 9/1/2012 3:56:23 PM
Elixir HUBS build can do over 120,000 dps, enough to erase the toughest players in less then a sheer moment. We have some hubs engineers rocking on jade quarry top of wvwvw but its surely going to be patched or we will be banned soon enough for not sucking.
---
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia
#13steverafflePosted 9/1/2012 4:13:38 PM
I'm using grenades, bombs, and rocket turret. overcharged rockets can do impressive dps alone if your traited into explosives. I use grenades for ranged battles and bombs up close. bombs completely destroy in melee distance and are by far the hardest hitting thing I have seen thus far, destroying groups of 3+ people in wvw in around 5 seconds.. also suggest rifle for the net and jump shot (to get you close to use those bombs) I can imagine net turret being annoying too with bombs.
---
GT: Xx Stebular xX
Pawn: Malice
#14JtrunksPosted 9/1/2012 4:24:41 PM
CenaxKikia posted...
Elixir HUBS build can do over 120,000 dps, enough to erase the toughest players in less then a sheer moment. We have some hubs engineers rocking on jade quarry top of wvwvw but its surely going to be patched or we will be banned soon enough for not sucking.

Excuse me? Please explain.
---
DLC-It's like someone telling you about a special they have on dessert, and you have the entree menu in your hand. "I just sat down-give me a moment".
#15LostHerLostHopePosted 9/1/2012 4:56:24 PM
The letters pretaining to the elixers.
#16LotionExplosionPosted 9/3/2012 9:51:14 PM
How does a HUBS engi do.. anything?
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#17Subby33Posted 9/3/2012 9:57:42 PM
Dual pistols and elixirs. Traits to boost conditions and elixir power. That is best engineer build. Only turrets you should be using are the ones in your elite skill.
#18wombat013Posted 9/3/2012 10:09:34 PM
Im only level 10 on my engineer, and I couldnt wait to get the flamethrower. Then I got it. I dont understand why everyone thinks it's so bad ass. I love how it looks and I use it even though that slot would probably serve me better with something else, but the damage output is very underwhelming and I have a much tougher time surviving when I use the flamethrower.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#19maxpowr3Posted 9/3/2012 10:18:13 PM
LotionExplosion posted...
How does a HUBS engi do.. anything?

They blow their wad all at once which is why it's amazing for pvp and WvW but stupid for PvE.
---
Guild Wars 2: Yak's Bend
#20AegisDawnPosted 9/3/2012 10:28:40 PM
I'm certainly no expert, but I've been using the flamethrower, rocket turret, and grenade kit for a while. The kits themselves are great, but the tool belt skills are great for the three, especially the grenade kit. That might not be of importance to others, but I enjoy it quite a bit. It's done me well in PVE, but I haven't really tried PVP yet. I'm sure I'll try things here and there and retrait when the time comes.