Best Tank

#1Q_SenseiPosted 9/3/2012 9:29:32 AM
Which Profession is the best Tank? - Results (189 votes)
Guardian
49.21% (93 votes)
Warrior
23.28% (44 votes)
Ranger
1.59% (3 votes)
Engineer
1.59% (3 votes)
Theif
2.65% (5 votes)
Necromancer
7.94% (15 votes)
Elementalist
5.29% (10 votes)
Mesmer
8.47% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Before you say "no holy trinity" just remember that some classes will be better at things even if the game was not designed to require it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2AerzelPosted 9/3/2012 9:31:46 AM
Most of them suck at it, but I've been using a self healing Warrior that can tank somewhat well enough.
---
If you're reading this, then I just made you lose a few seconds of your life, which you'll never get back. Enjoy your day.
#3MishimaBloodPosted 9/3/2012 9:32:18 AM
You brainless trolls will just never understand that there are no roles in this game...
#4DracovianPosted 9/3/2012 9:35:06 AM
A defensively specced Guardian is the undisputed most durable class. They have more tools than any other class to survive. But a tank is not the correct term since there's no holy trinity. They don't have abilities meant for aggro generation and so many classes would take "hate" very easily from them.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#5Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2012 9:36:51 AM
Dracovian posted...
A defensively specced Guardian is the undisputed most durable class. They have more tools than any other class to survive. But a tank is not the correct term since there's no holy trinity. They don't have abilities meant for aggro generation and so many classes would take "hate" very easily from them.

In League of Legends, we call some characters "Tanks" even if they don't have a taunt. In Pathfinder or D&D "Tanks" are just characters built to take a lot of damage since unless you're using the banned Antagonize feat, there isn't any way to draw "hate" either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#6ScorpeXPosted 9/3/2012 9:38:36 AM
haha you guys don't understand basic MMO mechanics.

Guild wars 2 has no tank or healing classes.
#7DracovianPosted 9/3/2012 9:48:56 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
Dracovian posted...

In League of Legends, we call some characters "Tanks" even if they don't have a taunt. In Pathfinder or D&D "Tanks" are just characters built to take a lot of damage since unless you're using the banned Antagonize feat, there isn't any way to draw "hate" either.

Well this isn't LoL. This is an MMO. In the MMO context no class fits the tank description since the very concept of tank was not implemented.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#8kamikaze135Posted 9/3/2012 10:01:37 AM
ScorpeX posted...

Looks like you don't know how to read opening posts.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#9Ruppe21Posted 9/3/2012 10:13:59 AM
Elementalist earth/water specced is as tanky as you can get.
Haven't played the Guardian yet so I can't comment on him.
#10Drippy89Posted 9/3/2012 10:57:48 AM
ScorpeX posted...

I guess you missed the fact that he has every profession as choices. There are no roles, but there will always be a better tank or a better healing profession. Someone has to be the best, even if they aren't particularly great at it.