best weapon combo for Warrior?

#1JimdbPosted 9/4/2012 9:17:33 AM
Axe/Axe, Sword/Sword or Mace/Mace?

For pve/PVP
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2SirGizmoPosted 9/4/2012 9:27:04 AM
There is no best really. All weapons have their own strengths and weaknesses.

For PvE, as a damage Warrior, I do super like Greatsword for the insane AoE damage, Axes for the insane Burst finisher damage.
#3ZephyLynxPosted 9/4/2012 9:31:20 AM
SirGizmo posted...
There is no best really. All weapons have their own strengths and weaknesses.

For PvE, as a damage Warrior, I do super like Greatsword for the insane AoE damage, Axes for the insane Burst finisher damage.

This. Depends on what you are doing and what role you wish to take.

For general soloing in PvE, I've been using Axe/Axe + Sword/Sword (at least 15 points into Discipline for the 2 weapons swapping minor trait skills) and continuously swap between them. If I'm in a higher level area, Mace/Sword for the 2 counter skills + Hammer for the crowd control.

I also keep a Long Bow and Rifle in my pack for bosses that 1-hit KO.
#4AxelRipcurlPosted 9/4/2012 9:32:27 AM
I have my two sets as dual axe (primary choice) and then the greatsword if I want to change it up a bit. The dual axes are OP as hell IMO, I can consistently take on two enemies both two levels higher than me simultaneously and only lose half of my life.
---
Clown rape: It's nothing to laugh about.
#5Lunacy182Posted 9/4/2012 9:33:57 AM
For pve I use axe/sword for damage, and mace/shield for survivability.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
PSN/GT: Lunacy182
#6twylight777Posted 9/4/2012 11:20:54 AM
sword main hand (leap) + axe off hand (whirlwind you can move around in) pretty much owns

I like it better than greatsword at 40
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.
#7DahlVaughnniPosted 9/4/2012 11:48:21 AM(edited)
I'm using sword/sword and stacking Condition Damage, and getting 20 stacks of bleed on everything. It's like a gushing fountain of numbers. It's great for solo play and small groups, but for HUGE events, monsters hit the 25 bleed cap regardless, so I'm a lot less useful.

I really don't get the greatsword hype. The abilities seemed neat at first, but I found them to be not very useful. the autoattack is alright, and 2 is nice for a big burst of damage. 3 hardly does any damage, 4 seems like a pvp-only skill, and 5 NEVER EVER hits the target, I always charge right through them and attack thin air for some reason.

Ontop of that, the autoattack does considerably less damage than one handed axes and swords even with equivalent gear. Greatsword warriors are just not that good imo. Greatsword guardians are pretty fun though.

With dual swords, I can take large groups of enemies 5 levels above myself (toughness traits)
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#8azuresou1Posted 9/4/2012 12:29:58 PM
Greatsword is great because just about every attack is AoE, including the 1. 3 does very good damage, hitting multiple times on multiple targets, moves, and evades.

Greatsword probably sucks for you because you're stacking condition, rather than Precision/Power.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
#9DahlVaughnniPosted 9/4/2012 1:51:01 PM
azuresou1 posted...
Greatsword is great because just about every attack is AoE, including the 1. 3 does very good damage, hitting multiple times on multiple targets, moves, and evades.

Greatsword probably sucks for you because you're stacking condition, rather than Precision/Power.

I wasn't stacking condition until I decided to stick with one handed swords. I'm not dumb. Also, one handed weapons autoattacks are AOE as well, not just greatswords. My regular swords hit multiple targets with sever/gash/finalthrust.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#10twylight777Posted 9/4/2012 3:17:36 PM
If 100blades was mobile I would consider greatsword - but being rooted in place is fail
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.