My CD drive is bust. Can i buy retail and download the client?

#1RaverbasherPosted 9/5/2012 3:04:09 AM
My CD drive bust over a year ago. I've been DL games from Steam ever since, never needed a new one.

Until now.

Most digital versions of the game have sold out. If i got retail and a key from the case, could i DL the client from the main site and play?
---
Virginity is not virtue,
it's just lack of opportunity.
#2TommyGunerPosted 9/5/2012 3:04:53 AM
Yes you can, go on GW2 website, log on to your account, click download client, and you just need to enter serial code if you haven't done so already
#3dkgamerPosted 9/5/2012 3:05:30 AM
Pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem there. Anyone can download the client.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#4_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/5/2012 3:24:16 AM
Yes. I have only used the CD/DVD drive on my current PC for installation of windows.

Also, a new optical drive is probably only around 10 bucks and easy to install. I am just saying.
---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90
#5KatsuragisamaPosted 9/5/2012 4:50:52 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Yes. I have only used the CD/DVD drive on my current PC for installation of windows.

Also, a new optical drive is probably only around 10 bucks and easy to install. I am just saying.

Yeah, there is that. It's basically disconnect the power cables, unscrew it, push it out, put the new one in, rescrew? Even if someone doesnt have much experience that wouldnt be a hard thing to do.

Or as others have said you could download the client. Right now my .dat file for the game shows it's about 15.2gb. So depending on your connection it could take a bit. Also dont forget if you have any limits on your download usage per day or month, etc.
#6BladenytePosted 9/5/2012 4:59:14 AM
cant you just spend like ... 15-20 bucks on a new dvd player? seems like something you should have replaced a long time ago
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#7me_and_my_wiiPosted 9/5/2012 7:16:52 AM
BladerNyte posted...
cant you just spend like ... 15-20 bucks on a new dvd player? seems like something you should have replaced a long time ago

I haven't used mine in about 3 years, can't see myself using it anytime soon either.
#8Murph1908Posted 9/5/2012 7:33:49 AM
BladerNyte posted...

Don't know about you, but I don't like to spend 15-20 bucks on something I found I didn't need for over a year. If there is a free and equal option, why not take it?

In his position, I'd rather spend that 20 on gems.