How can you compare damage output with +Condition Damage or +Precision/Power?

#1MissCarriagePosted 9/5/2012 2:56:28 PM
I usually use a shortbow on my Ranger and since the shortbow packs a lot of conditions, I normally pick +condition damage armor and weapons. But is this a good investment? Should I be using +Precision/Power items instead? How can I compare numbers wise?
---
Love me long time.
#2WellThoughtNamePosted 9/5/2012 3:07:34 PM
I've noticed that Condition damage you get from equipment is so low that it's always a better option to go Power/Precision.

I mean I can choose between +1 bleeding damage over 5 second or +1 damage with every attacks.

Easy choice.
#3WellThoughtNamePosted 9/5/2012 3:07:34 PM
I've noticed that Condition damage you get from equipment is so low that it's always a better option to go Power/Precision.

I mean I can choose between +1 bleeding damage over 5 second or +1 damage with every attacks.

Easy choice.
#4KarmicDragon1Posted 9/5/2012 3:08:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5random_noobiePosted 9/5/2012 3:11:44 PM
since there's no scaling note on the tool-tip (i.e. showing how much benefit per point power/condition damage/healing power give you), you can just switch off pieces of armor and watch the benefit.

generally, however, if i'm using, say, three or more damaging conditions on a weapon, i like condition damage more then power. most of the time, power and condition damage come on the same item, so, i don't have to choose.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#6ZaishiPosted 9/5/2012 3:31:57 PM
+condition damage is amazing as long as you don't run into something immune to that condition (Destroyers *shudders*). My earth ele can hit things once and watch them bleed to death while I'm going off and hitting other things.
#7CoffeeShopLamePosted 9/5/2012 3:47:17 PM
As a lvl 39 Mesmer I started stacking condition and I mow things down quick.
---
I CON-TIN-U TO FIGHT!
# of people i've gotten to watch Code Geass: LotR - 9
#8DarcSeraphPosted 9/5/2012 4:02:29 PM
You can mouse over the tooltip of your ability and it will show updated damage numbers affected by your stats.
---
I'm kind of like God.