Power/Precision, Power/Crit damag or Power/Condition as a guardian?

#1Cookie BagPosted 9/5/2012 6:35:50 PM
Greatsword / Scepter + focus guardian that's it, i'm currently specced for extra damage while enemy is burning, longer concecration duration, etc, think it was 15/0/0/10/13 atm, but i was wondering if i would get a better damage by stacking power/condition, or going power/precision is fine...
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#2random_noobiePosted 9/5/2012 6:38:37 PM
Cookie Bag posted...
Greatsword / Scepter + focus guardian that's it, i'm currently specced for extra damage while enemy is burning, longer concecration duration, etc, think it was 15/0/0/10/13 atm, but i was wondering if i would get a better damage by stacking power/condition, or going power/precision is fine...

with that setup, you don't have many conditions. you have one - that's your virtue of justice, unless you're using judge's intervention or purging flames.

go with power/precision/crit damage.

also, add in toughness and vitality too. glass cannon is terrible. it works solo, but in dungeons? you'll get stomped into the dirt. i'd suggest at least putting ten points into honor too. you can get vigor (100% endurance regeneration for 1 second) on crit and larger symbols (it at least doubles the size).
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#3Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 6:42:01 PM
I am using judge's intervention and purging flames.

I have no idea how i should balance my stats to be honest... i went full glass cannon for solo pve because even if i die after pulling +5 enemies, they still die to fire, and it's rare for me to die anyways unless i pulled a veteran along...
---
#4random_noobiePosted 9/5/2012 6:48:01 PM(edited)
Cookie Bag posted...
I am using judge's intervention and purging flames.

I have no idea how i should balance my stats to be honest... i went full glass cannon for solo pve because even if i die after pulling +5 enemies, they still die to fire, and it's rare for me to die anyways unless i pulled a veteran along...

like i said, glass cannon is fine in solo PvE. you're just worrying about yourself. if you die, your the only one that gets punished.

like i said, focus on power/precision/crit damage. if you get condition damage? cool, but don't focus on it.

putting ten points into honor also gets you 100 vitality, which, is around... 1-1.2k health, iirc, plus said traits.

what i did (i'm a completely different spec, but, its still relevant) was put power/toughness/healing power on all my accessories with relevant gems.

chest piece and leggings give you the biggest stat investment for armor. make sure those pieces have the big stats you want to focus on, such as, power/precision. shoulders, iirc, has the next biggest and helm/gloves/boots are all around the same with a few points of difference.

and, ofc, weapons. i went for a mix of stats with power/toughness/condition damage.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
#5Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 6:51:30 PM
Hmm, never noticed the stat weight on armor... ill look into that, so, condition is a no go... makes sense considering i only have burn tbh...

I have a question though, i do feel like going tankier, but i don't really want to deviate from greatsword/scepter for now, unless i dungeon in which case ill take sword/shield i guess... but with that said... do you know what i should focus with scepter/focus? mix of power/healing?
---
#6random_noobiePosted 9/5/2012 6:59:12 PM
Cookie Bag posted...
Hmm, never noticed the stat weight on armor... ill look into that, so, condition is a no go... makes sense considering i only have burn tbh...

I have a question though, i do feel like going tankier, but i don't really want to deviate from greatsword/scepter for now, unless i dungeon in which case ill take sword/shield i guess... but with that said... do you know what i should focus with scepter/focus? mix of power/healing?

use the same gear set. you won't have much healing with that specific set other then your natural regen and the rengeration buff. if you get it on an item, cool. plus, again, speccing into honor gives you 100 extra healing. it's a nice bonus.

you can use a greatsword/scepter+focus in dungeons fine. like i said, if you're glass cannon, you'll be dying A LOT. guardians are tied for the lowest base health in the game with elementalists and thieves. if you don't want to really focus on the stats, which you shouldn't as DPS, just add a piece or two into one of your armors. you can also slot in defensive runes too.
---
#7night8388Posted 9/5/2012 6:59:14 PM
It's purely dependent on who you face.

IMO, crit works the best if your skill stacks in intensity & is good against a lot of mobs in general. But you need might, and if you have only a single might skill, you could consider putting points into toughness and "boon duration" so that your might lasts a lot longer and so your crit can stack in intensity for longer periods of time.

But if you want to fight boss, stacking in duration might be better, as a lot of skills scales base on how much conditions are on the mob (and since your team will have skill that have conditions, your conditional damage will be a lot stronger).
#8night8388Posted 9/5/2012 7:01:18 PM
Clarification: as a lot of conditional damage skills scale base on how much conditions are concurrent on the mob.
#9ZaishiPosted 9/5/2012 7:14:14 PM
This is something that disappointed me greatly about my guardian, I thought I was so great throwing blue flames all over the place only to realize I was just adding 10 more seconds to the 59 seconds of burning on the target. Burning is absolute garbage until they allow it to at least stack in intensity from different sources.
#10Cookie Bag(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 7:36:59 PM
But it does burn for a lot... though i don't have idea how are the other conditions compared to burn...
---