Mystic Coin

#1easycompany68Posted 9/6/2012 8:25:54 PM
I just realized its for the mystic forge...how does it work exactly.

I made 2 items at the forge and both times put it 4 items worth about 2 silver in all and got a really bad item.

Im not asking for recipes but does putting the coin automatically give you a awsome/rare item?

Also, if you put 4 items that are blue titled (with sigil,rune)...does that increase your change to get a good item?

Basically is it completely random or do I have some control over the quality of item I get..??

I know its still early in the game but i'm hoping someone has a idea here...

thanks!
---
RAFFLES FOR SKILL 10 SR - check "easycompany" in search. IGN is sniper6868
#2easycompany68(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 8:26:50 PM
ohh and if I put for of the same item example 4 helmets, does that increasethe change or a better item, does that guarentee and helmet in return??

thanks again
---
#3easycompany68(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 8:39:54 PM
bump
---
#4GoatJugSoupPosted 9/6/2012 8:42:00 PM
As far as I know its fairly random. You may get a better one, you may not. I do know that 4 minipets will definitely give a minipet, 4 dyes will definitely give another dye.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Guild Wars 2, Current Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi
#5Ish_basicPosted 9/6/2012 8:44:03 PM
i can definitely tell you that four items of one type doesn't make a difference with respect to what you get back.

Short of using actual recipes, Mystic Forge is basically a slot machine. You're better off selling or even merching.
#6serpentsembracePosted 9/6/2012 9:04:47 PM
4 of the same items guarantees one of the same items back, 4 greatswords gives a greatsword.

on the other hand 4 heavy helmets wont always give a heavy helmet, you might get a light or medium back.
---
GT: IGWBuffalo
#7PorkinzPosted 9/6/2012 9:14:01 PM
You need to use it to learn the top tier crafting recipes.

for instance cooks need to use them to make ” tray foods” which lets everyone in the area eat the food
#8ATARIJAWAPosted 9/6/2012 9:16:00 PM
I watched a video online yesterday where a guy put 4 equal water breathing masks in and it made him a chest piece of an armor class he couldn't even use. It was pretty funny.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 81
#9TalentedMPosted 9/6/2012 9:24:32 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
I watched a video online yesterday where a guy put 4 equal water breathing masks in and it made him a chest piece of an armor class he couldn't even use. It was pretty funny.

Kripp did that didn't he?
---
PSN: TalentedM
Xbox: Consume Fetus
#10GoatJugSoupPosted 9/6/2012 9:48:41 PM
The forge works in mysterious ways...
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Guild Wars 2, Current Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi