Waypoint spawning in dungeons - cheapen the experience?

#1LysamusPosted 9/7/2012 12:15:49 AM
Hey all. Just completed my first dungeon run in the catacombs. While I'm quite pleased with the results, I can't help but feel as if we were somewhat gifted the dungeon rewards due to being able to waypoint spawn upon death and march into the on-going battle without letting boss mobs reset (although in all fairness, we only really exploited this tactic against the lovers).

Do you feel putting some kind of barrier preventing dead players from re-entering an ongoing boss battle would add gravity to the accomplishment? Should the waypoints continue to exist, and do you feel they are incorporated into the difficulty of the dungeon? All opinions are welcome.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#2EvrayPosted 9/7/2012 12:16:57 AM
No. Yes. Maybe. Cheese.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#3Lysamus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 10:26:52 AM
A bump, by any other name, would be so shameless.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#4jychen103Posted 9/7/2012 10:58:23 AM
Equipment repair costs generally punish the bad players in a party, while rewarding the better ones who don't die.

Also, it is still possible to fail. If all party members die, the boss will reset and regain full health. The system right now gives some gradient to success, where you can either have a flawless victory, or a partial victory with a large repair cost, or a total wipe. I think this is better since I don't need to worry as much about random pick-up groups being so terrible that I can't complete the dungeon.
---