RANGER pets are really terrrible

#21darkjedilinkPosted 9/7/2012 1:46:13 PM
Homeskool78 posted...
Sooo many TROLLS with too much time on their hands for an intelligent response.

Any response that boils down to "l2play" in this thread, when directed to you, are the most intelligent responses physically possible by any creature in the universe.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#22GamingAntPosted 9/7/2012 1:48:20 PM
Homeskool78 posted...
Sooo many TROLLS with too much time on their hands for an intelligent response.

---
I was thinking of becoming capable and competent, but then I realized that this would be against my values.
#23GraybesPosted 9/7/2012 1:48:41 PM
Guys don't be too hard on him. He is a new user. He still has his troll training wheels on
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.
#24bladiatorPosted 9/7/2012 1:50:46 PM
I like how we continue to pretend this wasn't a big troll topic.
---
VG remixes by me. http://ocremix.org/artist/4640/bladiator
#25CruxisInhibitorPosted 9/7/2012 2:13:37 PM
Homeskool78 posted...
Ranger pets are very bad in this game. They run way ahead of me and aggro stuff, sometimes ill find them way off fighting something by itself. Some enemies/machinery the pets wont attack at all. Its a constant chore bringin your pets back to you after every fight cuz they run and attack random stuff. I would hope they realize this and fix it soon. Also Auto-target is bad-- picks random targets in wide radius. Tank and Healer structure would greatly improve game overall imo

I agree with the tank and healer structure...game is just too free form. The overworld events system discourages organic and strategic grouping and everything seems to be a dps spam mob fest. It just feels like theres no depth.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#26LizardneckPosted 9/7/2012 2:33:27 PM
Some enemies/machinery the pets wont attack at all.

I think this is a bug, since even F1 won't make them attack. I've noticed that swapping pets will usually fix it if you swap into a melee pet. Seems to work less often for ranged pets, though. Bears don't seem to have the issue as often as other pets in my experience.
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/7/2012 2:34:57 PM
DraconisRex posted...

Kids get expelled for the crap we did. Kids work harder in school, there's more competition for college and yet the honest, well-paying blue-collar worker field that they could have fallen back on is pretty much gone.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic?
#28KutKuSlayerPosted 9/7/2012 2:35:29 PM
any Bear (iirc they have an attack that also regens a small amount of health)
Troll Unguent
F1
profit.

seriously. Troll Unguent lets my Bear/Artodus tank most enemies (apart from zone bosses) while i flank and stack bleed using my Shortbow. if his health gets too low, i hit F4 and get the second bear at full health. then 20 seconds later i can swap back and have another full health bear back.

if you think pets suck, you honestly have no idea how to use them.
---
"Wise's Bermban ass destruction will challenge these abilities. - darkportal785
Times Ninja'd by Oil: 2
#29Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/7/2012 2:36:07 PM
ilovemudding posted...
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.

Account Created Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:12 PM
Last Visit Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:21 AM

They created an account almost 4 years ago to troll the GW2 forums? Seriously
#30ultimateballoonPosted 9/7/2012 2:39:26 PM
My girlfriend is a ranger. She uses only the mouse, and has no idea what micro management means to video games...and she has none of these problems.

I don't think the game is at fault...
---
Quick! Everyone complain!