So now that the greatsword legendary recipe is basically out there...

#1derratePosted 9/7/2012 9:22:34 AM
...we know why Anet has been removing any way to make money out of the game. Because nothing is more fun than a sadistic grind.

Oh and if you find a way to make money with a crafting skill, do not tell anyone. Several more things that would be normal ways to earn money in other mmos were patched out of the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zi066/legendary_weapon_great_sword_twilight_material/
#2KarmicDragon1Posted 9/7/2012 9:27:18 AM
Ah yes, the infamous karma ingredients + cooking. Because there's nothing wrong with earning basically 3g for EVERY DYNAMIC EVENT YOU PARTICIPATE IN SINCE LEVEL 20 at all.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#3derrate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 9:30:22 AM
Yea bro, not talking about that. I'm talking about stuff that was patched out last night. Not a week ago.
#4KarmicDragon1Posted 9/7/2012 9:32:17 AM
Oh, my bad. It's hard to keep up with all the troll ammunition that is used against GW2. At least this is a step up from "hey guys their forums are not up. GW sukz" and "hey guys y only 5 character slots y dey nikel and daim uz".
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#5PijinzPosted 9/7/2012 9:35:47 AM
I should just point out, those prices are assuming you are buying each and every ingredient, whereas you are fully able to farm them yourself. Furthermore, with the recipe now well known, and with more people farming those materials, the auction house prices will no doubt drop.
#6lionheart5656Posted 9/7/2012 9:38:27 AM
Pijinz posted...
I should just point out, those prices are assuming you are buying each and every ingredient, whereas you are fully able to farm them yourself. Furthermore, with the recipe now well known, and with more people farming those materials, the auction house prices will no doubt drop.

Actually they will likely raise because they know that you need them to create this extremely rare weapon thus making the materials for it have more value.

It's a 50/50 chance of seeing which way the market will go on this one.

On the one hand, there is more value to these items now.

On the other hand, more of these items will likely make it to market.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#7VordraxPosted 9/7/2012 9:38:37 AM
I'm fine with this. The Legendary armor in GW1 was absurdly expensive and time-consuming for new players.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#8lionheart5656Posted 9/7/2012 9:38:45 AM
derrate posted...
Yea bro, not talking about that. I'm talking about stuff that was patched out last night. Not a week ago.

Also, what got patched out?
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#9derrate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 9:46:39 AM
Pijinz posted...

Lol quite the opposite. Once the general public realized what mystic coins are for their price went up 1000%.
#10derrate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 9:48:56 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
derrate posted...

Also, what got patched out?

I think it was mentioned in the reddit I posted. At least one more thing you could craft and mystic forge up was changed. But almost every thing worth doing with the mystic forge that doesn't involve a boatload of grinding is being removed nightly. A vendor price was changed too.