• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. best ranger pet for leveling?

User Info: Jimdb

Jimdb
4 years ago#1
topic.

I'm using a polar bear, a brown bear, an armor fish and a shark.

Is it true bears are the most resistant ones, as of tanking capability?
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: meltor13

meltor13
4 years ago#2
Bears are probably the most tanky simply because of their abilities and their crazy high vitality, but other pets are also very capable of 'tanking'.
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13

User Info: Deathral

Deathral
4 years ago#3
drake with f2 lightning attack, its tanky and does great aoe damage

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#4
I like the Hyena - F2 ability is to summon another Hyena.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
4 years ago#5
So are the pets actually fairly unique in this game? Off topic I know and its only a temporary highjacking TC, you can have your topic back. Sorry.
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator

User Info: OmegaReaper21

OmegaReaper21
4 years ago#6
Well for leveling I would say that you don't need the tanking of a bear. Birds are fastest pet and have highest crit chance, can't remember other pets' stats off of the top of my head to think which pet, if any, has highest power.

Jimdb
4 years ago#7
There are different "tiers of pets" for example, 4 or 5 different Bears. they look different, and each of them has a unique skill out of a shared set of 3. the fourth skill is always unique to a pet.
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: Dragonspawn1319

Dragonspawn1319
4 years ago#8
There are other pets just as tanky as bears. Moas have just as much vitality, as well as a self heal skill.

In the water I like the jellyfish myself (rainbow & blue). They have the same high vitality with a great aoe special. Armor fish is a better tank though, having both vitality and toughness.

Jimdb
4 years ago#9
Birds for leveling then?
-Nick_GF
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. best ranger pet for leveling?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived