Guild Wars 2 dethroned? (comparison between first few weeks of GW2/WoW reviews)

#11Digital_Knyte07Posted 9/9/2012 11:14:20 AM
Dude they are both 94%. You can't divide like that, you need to maintain only 2 significant digits at the end so they're both 94%
---
Black FC [4856-6710-5313]
Guild Wars 2 - Not removing til it's released.
#12KushuPosted 9/9/2012 11:14:23 AM
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
MoP will be garbage

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6128145
#13KarmicDragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 11:16:21 AM
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
You can't compare Vanilla to this because they are different generations. You have to compare Cataclysm (Since it is WoW's current content) to GW2. Cataclysm has an overall 90 and GW2 has a 93. GW2 wins.

How come? If anything that's the most fair way to compare.

Because the current content people are experiencing for WoW is Cataclysm. Just because Cataclysm and MoP are/will be garbage doesn't mean you get to go back to base and compare a new game to a game that revolutionized MMOs over 7 years ago.

So if I do this topic again a few weeks after MoP's release you will not be eating your words?

I won't... because I've played the MoP Beta and it is still aimed at children. WoW is going to gain back SOME of their lost subs and then in 2 months continue dropping.

Really? Plenty of guldies have been trying the beta and told me it's much better than Cata and WoTLK, and on par with The Burning Crusade. It seems like you're just hating WoW for the sake of hating it (which isn't the most uncommon thing on this board, but still)
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#14Reaper_Chris92Posted 9/9/2012 11:16:32 AM
Kushu posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
MoP will be garbage

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6128145

Yes.... the hours I spent on the MoP beta is baseless. If that is baseless then the reviews he copied are also baseless. Because making no sense makes perfect sense.
#15Reaper_Chris92Posted 9/9/2012 11:17:58 AM
I've heard that a couple of times.... from people who played BC at the very end. I played BC the entire time and it is not more like BC.
#16KarmicDragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 11:21:50 AM
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
I've heard that a couple of times.... from people who played BC at the very end. I played BC the entire time and it is not more like BC.

These people formed a guild when WoW launched back in 2004 and the guild is still intact. They've done all the content you could ever think of. Should I trust them or some guy that seems to, again, hate on WoW just for the sake of hating on WoW?
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#17IGGYTONYPosted 9/9/2012 11:22:07 AM
Well the number of reviews you chose is odd, since there are more on your list for WoW than GW2. This would be fine if you chose all of the WoW reviews, but you didn't come close to all of them, which is why gamerankings.com is more accurate than your calculations. They use all of the reviews and are not biased as to which they choose to include.
---
FF_vs_XIII owns a PS3
#18ScreamingMidgetPosted 9/9/2012 11:25:35 AM
WoW fanboys trying sooo hard
#19DrPiratePosted 9/9/2012 11:26:33 AM
Video game reviews are almost always worthless nowadays. GW2 could have a 10/10 ratings from every major website and still be trash. Not saying it is, but the hype behind it outweighs an objective analysis.
---
you can't take the sky from me..
#20KarmicDragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 11:26:33 AM
IGGYTONY posted...
Well the number of reviews you chose is odd, since there are more on your list for WoW than GW2. This would be fine if you chose all of the WoW reviews, but you didn't come close to all of them, which is why gamerankings.com is more accurate than your calculations. They use all of the reviews and are not biased as to which they choose to include.

I was merely trying to get the first three weeks of reviews but it seems that gamerankings can't sort ****, at first it seemed to be sorted by date and then there were reviews from all over the place.

Why would I choose all of the WoW reviews if I'm trying to compare the reviews from the first few weeks of launch for the two games?
---