best guardian weapons for leveling?

#1AnitatakadumPosted 9/9/2012 6:04:37 PM
i cant decide im lvl 18. I like the hammer , probably sword is better dps but too many people use them. Also, how are the 1h ? i just use scepter / hammer combo for now. Any suggestions?
#2SoulstrikesPosted 9/9/2012 6:06:27 PM
i found greatsword to make levelling ezmode. But i think hammer can work as well. Use whatever you enjoy most.
---
BW FC: 4384 5911 2850
#3horheristoPosted 9/9/2012 6:09:38 PM
GS
It works, and every single skill of it is viable.
#4ShadowVarlPosted 9/9/2012 6:10:21 PM
There's so many ways to level so the question is hard to answer. If you're just doing heart quests and DE, I found GS and scepter/torch to be pretty all around flexible. Hammer's more of a PvP weapon from what I've seen.
#5ScylenePosted 9/9/2012 6:27:28 PM
I've really enjoyed the Greatsword. Leap in, cast the binding blades, pull all the mobs to you, put your symbol on the ground and spin to win with Whirling Wrath. It's really nice to be able to set up AND finish combos with the Guardian. Not sure if other classes can combo with themselves but it's useful.

I also like Sword/Shield and Sword/Torch depending on if I want to be more defensive or offensive. I like the instant teleport + blind of the second Sword skill.
#6NicoGrimmPosted 9/9/2012 6:31:25 PM
While on the subject, can someone please reccomend a heavy hitting guardian build that also wont have me dying every 3 seconds?
---
There were no screams. There was no time. The mountain called Monkey had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing.
#7cyborg99sreturnPosted 9/9/2012 6:46:07 PM(edited)
Greatsword is the wrong answer.
Scepter/Torch is the right answer.

EDIT: Greatsword for backup for AoE damage, obv.
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
#8ScylenePosted 9/9/2012 7:09:32 PM
I don't really think there are "right" and "wrong" weapons in GW2. It just comes down to preference really.
#9DraconisRexPosted 9/9/2012 7:11:48 PM
Anitatakadum posted...
i cant decide im lvl 18. I like the hammer , probably sword is better dps but too many people use them. Also, how are the 1h ? i just use scepter / hammer combo for now. Any suggestions?

GW/Sword+Focus/Torch
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#10deathclaimedsoulPosted 9/9/2012 7:12:20 PM
Sword/Focus and Scepter/Shield is what I've been using recently. Sword/Focus is still the highest single target damage weapon combo for guardians, if I'm not mistaken.