I miss being your healer

#31NicoGrimmPosted 9/9/2012 11:23:16 PM
For all intents and purposes, Guardians ARE healers in this game.
Except instead of actually "healing", they minimize damage instead with their Shouts, and Virtues, and whatever else they have.
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#32mico_ongoPosted 9/9/2012 11:24:50 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mico_ongo posted...
yeah healers get alot of flak for wipes...i never understood it....i mean theres only soooo much they can do....

healing is in this game...its indirect but its there.....a healer in this game i believe is someone who ranges for dps and moves in to heal and backs out to continue dps....

in this game if i go down...its entirely my fault....i can't rage on the chat or mic about not getting properly healed....

If someone brings a train against you, it could be someone else's fault..

IE, Kite mob to you and it'll aggro on you

okay in that situation yeah...but in a group setting no one should be training mobs to that point.....

in pve if someone trains to me and i know i can't i just run away......or warp....lol
#33hi_standard(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 11:34:57 PM
yes wiping was usually a tank or healers fault.

i guess that carried a lot of responsibility.

But i was actually a good healer, and that usually wasnt the case, instead people would add me and want to play later because they knew if i came and healed their group, we would be better off.

On the other hand, i havent grouped with anyone and thought "hmm, this warrior is REALLY good, would love to play with him again"

i Honestly dont really FEEL what anyone is doing...
---
Sloan is looking hot, E, better hook back up with her, or hes a fool.
#34HyperDragonPosted 9/9/2012 11:37:23 PM
Damien94 posted...
The worst part about the removal of roles was not being able to help other players.

If you aren't helping other players in this game, you are probably wiping a lot in dungeons.
#35mico_ongoPosted 9/9/2012 11:42:36 PM
hi_standard posted...
yes wiping was usually a tank or healers fault.

i guess that carried a lot of responsibility.

But i was actually a good healer, and that usually wasnt the case, instead people would add me and want to play later because they knew if i came and healed their group, we would be better off.

On the other hand, i havent grouped with anyone and thought "hmm, this warrior is REALLY good, would love to play with him again"

i Honestly dont really FEEL what anyone is doing...

you'll know a good melee when you see is right infront of a giant mob not taking knockback and effectively dodging attacks.....holding the aggro so the mob doesn't use its range skill on well the ranged party members....

and yes aggro is in this game because i play melee and have seen a mob gun for me after bursting him with decent amounts of damage...passing up every person i walk by and aiming all attacks at me.....
#36MewonePosted 9/9/2012 11:45:01 PM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
It's not an MMO, it's a single player experience.

This is the main reason I enjoy this game so much, actually. I'm playing it for the game; the company of others is, 90% of the time, more of an annoyance than anything. Truth is, most people online are awful, stupid, or both.
---
Irradiate.
#37mooninomicsPosted 9/9/2012 11:48:27 PM(edited)
I, too, miss being your healer.

I truly do miss carrying every group, even the most suck-tastic bunch of misfits to ever be slammed together in some hellish combination, and making sure every single one of them reaches the very end without ever suffering a single death. I truly do miss being "invincible mode" of the whole group. I do miss allowing cloth-wearing casters to survive like plate-wearing tanks. I miss taking all the challenge out of dungeons, so long as I'm sober enough to press the right buttons, or still just buzzed enough to not completely hit buttons that don't do anything. Or, really, just being alert enough to press some healing ability on some sort of party member. Playing whack-a-mole, basically. Only easier.

No, seriously. I'm not being sarcastic or snarky or anything. I sincerely do miss it. It kept me playing WoW for like, 3 years. I truly loved it. So easy, so vital to a group, so respected of a role, so absolutely overpowered that your heals made pretty much anyone some immortal godlike figure. And still, for some messed up reason, revered as some sort of pillar of a group.

Seriously. I totally half-assed everything, nobody ever came close to dying, and everyone kissed my ass for it. Who wouldn't miss that?

I'm not saying it was better than what you'll find in GW2. Simply that I miss it. Can you blame me?
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#38jakisthePosted 9/9/2012 11:48:38 PM
Can't you put a lot into healing power and use those types of abilities?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#39linknparkfanPosted 9/10/2012 12:03:34 AM
I like where this thread has gone because I feel I can vent here.

First off, I am enjoying things like the open world Champions and Veterans, and that it doesn't really matter if someone else hit them first as long as you contribute. I am enjoying that PVP doesn't require leveling.

With that said, I agree with a lot of the sentiment here about missing roles. It's not that I came into this game thinking, "I really wish their were roles," it's that after playing since pre purchase headstart, I realized how the lack of roles really hurts any sense of duty/accomplishment in the dungeons. You can't customize your playstyle past DPS in dungeons since + healing is not worth speccing into for many reasons, one of them being that none of the classes have a "real" heal ability they can constantly cast on themselves or each other.

Knowing the way I type, I would go waaay more into detail than I need to. So for once I'll stop ahead and summarize:

- Lack of roles and skill customization hurts longevity

- Can only build your character towards DPS (Back to first point)

- Weapon skills being locked in place is a turn off for many

- Dynamic Events, bosses and wvwvw are simply too zergy, without any real satisfaction (Wvwvw can be strategic at times)

Just won't have longevity because of the simplicity. However, it is a B2P model, which is right for the game I suppose!
#40MotaficationPosted 9/10/2012 12:35:14 AM
I heal all the time on my elementalist.
---
"People say its all about fun, about making fun. When I kill you, when I own you, who is having fun, me or you?" -Athene