Tips for making money?

#1tpc8386Posted 9/10/2012 8:02:36 AM
Anybody have useful tips for bringing in money? I'm level 53 and between repairs and outrageous waypoint costs that increase as you gain levels, I don't think I'll have enough gold for the master trait book.

I've already decided to cut WvW out of my playtime just because of it costing 1.5 silver per death. I have been using WvW to get back to lions arch to save a little money, but it's pretty impractical.

So please, if you don't mind sharing some secrets, help a dude out.

I have 225 armorsmithing if that helps at all. I can take up another profession too.
---
PSN: Travosaga
Xbox: tpc8386
#2SirGizmoPosted 9/10/2012 8:11:30 AM
Stop salvaging everything, start vendoring. Should only really worry about crafting professions if you're in it for the exp or the epics, I wouldn't be in it for the money at this point. You'll lose more than you gain.
#3tpc8386(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 8:13:45 AM
Ive been crafting to keep myself well equipped. I always have a set of armor ready to go every 5 levels. I have been salvaging a lot of stuff though. I'll take your advice and vendor more.
---
PSN: Travosaga
Xbox: tpc8386
#4Judge_OmegaPosted 9/10/2012 8:15:41 AM
I actually found a crafted item that vendored for more than its open market cost in materials. Of course it was only a gain of 1 copper per item:/
#5steker16Posted 9/10/2012 8:16:02 AM
Salvage whites, vendor blues and greens and check the trader value of rares before doing anything with them
---
nomnomnom
#6SirGizmoPosted 9/10/2012 8:18:55 AM
tpc8386 posted...
Ive been crafting to keep myself well equipped. I always have a set of armor ready to go every 5 levels. I have been salvaging a lot of stuff though. I'll take your advice and vendor more.

Save the money and just buy what leveling gear you need off the Trading Post. Everything except "end game" gear and dyes are dirt cheap right now.
#7koboldwarrior77Posted 9/10/2012 8:23:24 AM
Even dyes aren't selling for THAT much though. I actually got a Midnight Ice dye last night and it was only selling for 1.8 gold or so. When end game gear pieces can cost 30 gold, 1.8 doesn't seem very awesome.
#8gatorattack05Posted 9/10/2012 8:26:43 AM
koboldwarrior77 posted...
Even dyes aren't selling for THAT much though. I actually got a Midnight Ice dye last night and it was only selling for 1.8 gold or so. When end game gear pieces can cost 30 gold, 1.8 doesn't seem very awesome.

Managed to exotic myself out (minus a few accesories) with my choice of stats, sigils/runes, etc for 15g.

Your end game figures are a little off
#9koboldwarrior77Posted 9/10/2012 8:28:04 AM
gatorattack05 posted...
koboldwarrior77 posted...

Managed to exotic myself out (minus a few accesories) with my choice of stats, sigils/runes, etc for 15g.

Your end game figures are a little off

I mean like cultural gear. I think the chest piece is 30g.
#10MechachuPosted 9/10/2012 8:32:50 AM
I made 2 gold yesterday between map completion and drops. That was in the course of like... 7 hours, atleast 2 of which were spent doing things that didn't make money (low level jump puzzles, helping people, browsing the trading post).

I salvage anything I can worth under 50. Everything else gets vendored or sent to the trading post. Check green items on the trading post as well. Sometimes they are worth a silver or 2 more. Do your daily achievements. Map completion map completion map completion. In the mid 50s plus heart quests give over 2s.