Engineers: Weapon Set?

#21Harry_DresdenPosted 9/10/2012 1:22:38 PM
You want condition damage for flamethrower? The only condition you'll get is burning... And bleed sometimes, I guess, with your build.

I dunno, I don't use flamethrower, so don't listen to me, I use pistols and elixirs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ItIyH.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6WYp5.gif
#22CatToyPosted 9/10/2012 1:28:01 PM
Personally I think a big problem with the turrets is that it's not clear when they're even doing anything. The only one I ever see fire off regularly is the Flame turret, the rocket turret only occasionally. For the rest, there's no sound, no obvious graphic. Unless my eyes are glued on my turrets the whole fight, I just never notice them doing anything.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/
#23Asia SkylyPosted 9/10/2012 1:28:40 PM
Before you settle in any one build, please try grenades and or bomb kits.

I went far, far too long before I realized what an amazing set of weapons I was missing from my engineer's arsenal.
---
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."
#24chicostickPosted 9/10/2012 1:33:11 PM
Visani_Chante posted...
chicostick posted...
speaking of engineers, how do you build for Flamethrower?

10 Explosives for 33% chance to bleed on crits.
30 Fire Arms for 30% chance to bleed and 50% chance of vulnerability on critical hits, 10% higher crit on targets at less than 50% health, 20% longer burn, 5% more damage against bleeding foes, and Juggernaut.
20 Alchemy for Deadly Mixture.

You can play around with it a bit but, that's the basic stuff.

Then drop a Sigil of Earth into your weapon.

Ah, yeah, you also go for Precision (crit) and Condition damage.

Thank you, I'll try that.
#25Visani_ChantePosted 9/10/2012 1:42:58 PM
Harry_Dresden posted...
You want condition damage for flamethrower? The only condition you'll get is burning... And bleed sometimes, I guess, with your build.

I dunno, I don't use flamethrower, so don't listen to me, I use pistols and elixirs.

Flamethrower hits 5 times per second. 5 chances to crit per second. Each crit has 3 chances to apply bleeding... in a much larger cone than the skill animation lets on.
#26JtrunksPosted 9/10/2012 1:44:37 PM(edited)
meltor13 posted...
Hey guys...fixing to start up my Asuran Engineer now that I've got my Sylvari Ranger on the gruond running at level 34ish.

What's the general consensus on Engineer weapons?

I like the look of the Rifle but it seems like it's very oriented towards single-targets.

False. Playing a rifle engineer means lining up targets in a row for "piercing damage". It goes through targets unlike a warrior's rifle iirc. That is what makes the class so fun.

Have someone set up a combo field, and then shoot using your 1 skill through it. It then becomes coated in whatever field is up and pierces through multiple targets with it--as long as they are in a row.
---
Part of the Official Gamefaqs Troll Rating Association. (OGTR) *picks up pen and paper*
#27X LauncherPosted 9/10/2012 1:46:18 PM
Asia Skyly posted...
Before you settle in any one build, please try grenades and or bomb kits.

I went far, far too long before I realized what an amazing set of weapons I was missing from my engineer's arsenal.

God, this. I ended up not liking bombs no matter how many chances I gave them, but grenades...holy crap, grenades. I can't believe I went 50 levels not using those things. They're incredible. Especially underwater.
---
Dare I dream once more?
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/004vkt.jpg
#28jakisthePosted 9/10/2012 1:52:29 PM
I dunno, I love my bombs...toss 'em behind me while I'm running through an aggro field, and guarantee that no one will follow you...
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#29ShockKirby80Posted 9/10/2012 1:55:14 PM
With the change to Juggernaut, Flamethrower
Builds are viable for PvE.

Especially if you have 2 Sigils of Earth.
---
I have 5000 Karma! I'm a ? Block!
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#30Visani_ChantePosted 9/10/2012 1:57:15 PM
ShockKirby80 posted...
With the change to Juggernaut, Flamethrower
Builds are viable for PvE.

Especially if you have 2 Sigils of Earth.

They stack? I may be persuaded to change from rifle.