The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do runes work?

#1AsucaHayashiPosted 9/10/2012 9:51:38 AM
like when i come across an armor or whatever and see something like 0/4 in them but the effects are greyed out.

how does one activate them... is it just through wear and tear?

if it is, is there any indication of how much one have to play to activate all effects?
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#2CaptainMetManPosted 9/10/2012 9:52:49 AM
I'd also like to know. Had a sword with a sigil of air since pretty much the beginning and still at 1/2 :-\
#3Dark_Oni12398Posted 9/10/2012 9:55:22 AM
Those are set runes

You get one bonus effect for every piece with that rune you have equipped.

For example I have some rune that gives 10 power and is part of some rune set. When I equipped one I got a bonus +10 to healing

When I equipped another identical rune I got the 2nd effect...bonus toughness or something
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#4VitharPosted 9/10/2012 9:57:50 AM
you need 4 pieces of equipment with that rune to get the full bonus
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#5AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 10:38:25 AM
so basically equipment is a non-factor?

haven't seen that type of system before..
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#6jakisthePosted 9/10/2012 11:01:59 AM
What I wanna know is do the rune buffs stack..like if I have 2 (+10 power [1], +1% critical damage [2]), does that mean I have 20 power and 2% crit, or just that the second one unlocks the +1% global critical?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#7adgatoPosted 9/10/2012 11:17:44 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
so basically equipment is a non-factor?

haven't seen that type of system before..

yes, gear does have stats on it. The runes are for effects. You wont find armor with crazy effects like " +10 swiftness on a kill". Those are the kind of things on runes, as well as runes have extra stat gains added to the stats already on the armor.
#8adgatoPosted 9/10/2012 11:18:30 AM
jakisthe posted...
What I wanna know is do the rune buffs stack..like if I have 2 (+10 power [1], +1% critical damage [2]), does that mean I have 20 power and 2% crit, or just that the second one unlocks the +1% global critical?

no they dont stack that way. 1 unlocks the first, then the second just unlocks the second bonus.
#9DartDragoonPosted 9/10/2012 11:21:54 AM
Here is a simple way of understanding it:

I have 3 peices of euipment with the suffixe "of the Flame Legion". They gain this name because of the Flame Legion rune in them. All 3 of the peices has a (1) bonus and a (2) bonus.

If i hover over then, it says Flame Legion (3/2). Why is that ? Because i've got 3 peices of equipment currently equipped that has the Flame Legion rune on them.

Basically, if you want the (2) bonuses, you need to have at least 2 peices of equipment that has the same rune on them.
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskM / Haggar / Trish
#10jakisthePosted 9/10/2012 1:21:49 PM
jakisthe posted...

no they dont stack that way. 1 unlocks the first, then the second just unlocks the second bonus.

What's the point of multiple runes of divinity though?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::