Easy way for easy XP?

#1JNoglePosted 9/12/2012 2:16:11 AM
Can you travel to each of the starting areas and do the dynamic events and heart quests for easy xp to level up a little faster than just staying in your starting zone?

Im a human lvl 16 in kessex hills and leveling just seems real slow. Would i be able to get massive easy xp from the other starting areas?
---
Upcoming Games: GT5, D3, GW2, FFV13
#20cu_87Posted 9/12/2012 2:18:23 AM
No. If you don't like Kessex Hills, go to Dassai Plateau.. Kessex hills are boring.
---
Currently waiting for: time to play all the games I've waited for.
#3blakenickPosted 9/12/2012 2:27:19 AM
Easiest xp now that cooking has been nerfed? Is WvW running random raids on the weaker enemy camps. Get in a group of 5-10 and stealthily approach the barely protected places and cap them then run away. You will get tons of xp from doing so, in my experience a level every 30 mins (from 40-70).
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#4Tsukoyomi1Posted 9/12/2012 2:53:09 AM
Kind of a weird question cause in my experience this game just throws EXP at you from every which angle. I'm constantly overleveled for everything I do.
I do a lot of exploration, map completing and crafting so that's probably a good source.
---
Guild Wars 2 - Aurora Glade EU - Rozalin Allerion (Guardian)
Say hi when you see me :) http://i.imgur.com/l7gtk.jpg
#5Cool_new_namePosted 9/12/2012 3:17:41 AM
Look for areas without many players. Then do DEs or hearts that require killing mobs.
The bonus xp from mobs that haven't been killed in ages is ridiculously high.
#6DraginvryPosted 9/12/2012 3:35:11 AM
blakenick posted...
Easiest xp now that cooking has been nerfed? Is WvW running random raids on the weaker enemy camps. Get in a group of 5-10 and stealthily approach the barely protected places and cap them then run away. You will get tons of xp from doing so, in my experience a level every 30 mins (from 40-70).

This doesn't work if one server is dominating the map, making it difficult for you to move around. But, assuming that your server is at least on equal footing with the others, then I agree. WvWvW can be an extremely fast way to level if you do it properly. Some events give a lot of experience, and they don't take long to do if you do it right. The only downside is that most of these events you won't be able to solo, so you'll need to find a group to run with. Actually, I'm not sure anything is really possible to solo in WvWvW other than command posts and supply caravans.
#7musumanePosted 9/12/2012 3:36:29 AM
Cooking is still amazing exp, butter is like 2-3c each
---
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King
#8snoognz123Posted 9/12/2012 3:39:38 AM
Don't ignore your story quests, they give out heaps of XP. Knowing where the DEs are helps as well. I can run around Diessa Plateau in a circuit, taking down Separatist catapults, stopping them stealing cows, cow race and training and taking down the giant. By the time the giant is dead the other DEs are back up.
---
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups.
#9HunterTorenPosted 9/12/2012 3:44:39 AM
Getting 100% in zones is a good idea, you get exp money and some fairly decent loot.
#10blakenickPosted 9/12/2012 3:46:01 AM
Draginvry posted...
blakenick posted...

This doesn't work if one server is dominating the map, making it difficult for you to move around. But, assuming that your server is at least on equal footing with the others, then I agree. WvWvW can be an extremely fast way to level if you do it properly. Some events give a lot of experience, and they don't take long to do if you do it right. The only downside is that most of these events you won't be able to solo, so you'll need to find a group to run with. Actually, I'm not sure anything is really possible to solo in WvWvW other than command posts and supply caravans.

It works better if another server has 100%, as long as you stealth properly there are usually minimal amounts of players hanging around their "secure" positions. So by the time you cap one place, everyone runs there allowing you to stealth take another while they recap it, after like 3 caps change maps and repeat.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now