rarity drop rate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. rarity drop rate?

User Info: Elucid8D

Elucid8D
4 years ago#1
My friend seems to insists that if you kill higher level monsters you would get higher chance to get more rare items.

For instance, a level 20 killing level 30 mobs would get rarer items than a level 30 killing the same mobs.

Is this true for guild wars 2? or any other mainstream mmo's for that matter?
---

User Info: macheteman

macheteman
4 years ago#2
no and no

Elucid8D
4 years ago#3
"For instance, a level 20 killing level 30 mobs would get a better chance to get rarer items than a level 30 killing the same mobs"

I reworded that because I don't think i worded it well enough last time; is it still true? Can anyone still confirm because he swears on his life this is true and I do not.
---

User Info: Shadonic

Shadonic
4 years ago#4
Yes, fighting mobs that are more challenging apparently rewards you with bonus xp / higher drop rates, if the in game hint system is to be believed.
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?

Elucid8D
4 years ago#5
Shadonic posted...
Yes, fighting mobs that are more challenging apparently rewards you with bonus xp / higher drop rates, if the in game hint system is to be believed.

That's nice to know...

Was this the same way in WoW (Forgive me for bringing such a game into this board!) I played that game quite a bit and never heard anything like that.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. rarity drop rate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived