North American World Server Rankings

#11DraconisRexPosted 9/13/2012 5:23:10 AM
ShadosAtPhoenix posted...
They need to add supply sources when you lost the whole map. Some of the bigger gaps between servers is because, let say, one server doesn't have a lot of players at night, and get pit against one with a lot of aussies... They take over the map at night, and it becomes nearly impossible to take back during the day, causing huge "artificial" differences.

Thats my only gripe with WvW. Making a come back is really, really hard.

We were doing really well, then had that happen to us. So we're in the middle-cohort after getting mostly butt-kicked in our last few matches.

When we're on, we're usually first or second. But it's like we have almost no night players (I'm US on a Euro server) and when I go to WvWvW at night (my local) I have no queue and no allies...

And it is a tough-slog to get out of that hole.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#12PorkinzPosted 9/13/2012 7:05:53 AM
Magoombas are only ranked that high because a few guilds rush the start and grab stuff before people get on.

This list will change drastically one we switch over to every two weeks
#13havok718Posted 9/13/2012 7:19:53 AM(edited)
ChronoAce posted...
The top 4 is rather interesting. If you are in the current top 3, you get destroyed by HoD all day. If you are in 4th place you get to dominate the poor saps in 5th and 6th (like Jade Quarry is doing right now)

HoD needs to be put in its own bracket and fight itself in a free for all death match.

Destroyed? Not really. ET, JQ, and maybe SI can hold their own against HoD. ET was neck and neck with HoD in their first serious match, and ET has a much smaller server pop and dont have as many pugs to fill in when the big Alliances simmer off. HoD also has more oceanic presence than any other US server and it shows.

But the more recent matches... well people are trying to take it easy. HoD seems to take these 24h joke matches too seriously (or they just have vastly more WvW'ers on the server that each person can WvW 1 day of the week and still have full queues). Everyone else is mostly chilling, trying not to get burned out until the real matches start.
#14havok718Posted 9/13/2012 7:15:51 AM
And I'm surprised Magoona isn't doing better. I thought a zerg guild like Goonsquad was perfect for dominating WvW. Are they just not really into this game?
#15BoOfTantar9Posted 9/13/2012 7:18:57 AM
Darkhaven should be at the bottom of the list. We're beyond terrible.
---
Gamefaqs Anti-Troll (2005-2012)
Zelda 2. The worst game of all time.
#16ShieldSlashPosted 9/13/2012 7:24:32 AM
joncoallstar posted...
How can Stormbluff Isle be ranked above Jade Quarry when we have been wiping the floor with them?

Without a doubt this is a BS list.

I play on SI and it goes back and forth a lot, but usually leaning towards SI.
#17Duke DarkwoodPosted 9/13/2012 8:10:38 AM
Destroyed? Not really. ET, JQ, and maybe SI can hold their own against HoD. ET was neck and neck with HoD in their first serious match, and ET has a much smaller server pop and dont have as many pugs to fill in when the big Alliances simmer off. HoD also has more oceanic presence than any other US server and it shows.

Yeah, the other day, when it was Henge/EredonQuarry, both of the others managed to displace Henge from the top score, albeit temporarily.

As for oceanic presence, I haven't seen that strong of one. Unless they are all IN WvWvW, and never show up in PvE. (The unofficial server affiliation list claims Sea of Sorrows is the "Oceanic server".)

Most people have been crediting Henge's supremacy to the Titan Alliance.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann