Is there a way I can do a player search by name?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is there a way I can do a player search by name?

User Info: x77654

x77654
4 years ago#1
My friend has been playing this and I decided to buy it just now but shes not available for me to ask her what server shes on. I do know the handle she uses on all her games so is there a way I can search for players to find her character and server?
C-c-c-combo Breaker ( =O'.')===O<(x_X< )

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
4 years ago#2
Contacts. Find the icon in the top left.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: DraconisRex

DraconisRex
4 years ago#3
x77654 posted...
My friend has been playing this and I decided to buy it just now but shes not available for me to ask her what server shes on. I do know the handle she uses on all her games so is there a way I can search for players to find her character and server?

"Y" and add her to your friends list. When your friend is on, she will show up with a green dot next to her name.

I"m not so sure about the server stuff. I do know my daughter plays on my server and her boyfriend plays on a US server and he managed to get over to our server yesterday so they could game together. (We're all US, I just prefer to game with Europeans, much less annoying than Americans and better at PvP without being jerks about it.)
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead

x77654
4 years ago#4
Ok I just logged into the game for the first time and I see the server select screen. I see what looks like a contacts icon on the top left but I can't click on it before it makes me choose a server. When I choose a server i get a message about it becoming my permanent home so does this mean I wont be able to switch servers without paying after i choose one? Please help :/

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
4 years ago#5
x77654 posted...
Ok I just logged into the game for the first time and I see the server select screen. I see what looks like a contacts icon on the top left but I can't click on it before it makes me choose a server. When I choose a server i get a message about it becoming my permanent home so does this mean I wont be able to switch servers without paying after i choose one? Please help :/

Just do it! :D You can convert in-game gold to gems (Which is the currency for buying stuff on the trading store). Don't worry so much, please.

Edit: Oh right, yes you can indeed switch servers later. For gems.
- My vision is augmented

x77654
4 years ago#6
Well I asked on the GW2 forums and apperantly server transfers are currently free so I can just transfer over when she is on. Thanks for the replies though.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is there a way I can do a player search by name?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived