How to play with friends?

#1Echo742Posted 9/13/2012 6:15:45 PM
Im new to MMO's, so sorry for the derpy questions. My friends and I are a bit confused about how to meet up.
first of all, to add someone, do we need to be on the same server? if we pick different ones, are we stuck there forever? Also, do how do we get on each others friends list? I have the username with the four numbers after it, do i send that to my friend? Or do I need to give them all my characters names?
Thanks for all info!
#2kissynuggetPosted 9/13/2012 6:18:43 PM
try to get on the same server. you can "guest" on other servers but thats not implemented yet.
give them your username with the 4 numbers.
#3KortezPosted 9/13/2012 6:23:01 PM
Echo742 posted...
Im new to MMO's, so sorry for the derpy questions. My friends and I are a bit confused about how to meet up.
first of all, to add someone, do we need to be on the same server? if we pick different ones, are we stuck there forever? Also, do how do we get on each others friends list? I have the username with the four numbers after it, do i send that to my friend? Or do I need to give them all my characters names?
Thanks for all info!

To add friends you do not need to be on the same server.

No you aren't stuck on the server you chose, for now the server transfers are free, but soon arena net will start to charge you gems if you want to change servers.

You can use that yes, or use the character name your friend is currently using to add them as a friend. The game will automatically change the name to your friends account name. No matter what character they are using they will show up, it will just change the name accordingly.
---
It took longer to load the match then it did to beat you....