Armorsmith - Gladiator pieces at level 35

#1SuperRobotWarPosted 9/13/2012 9:55:54 PM
Hey guys:

I grinded whole night hoping to create the Gladiator pieces for my Guardian earlier and when I tried the first one, instead of getting Guardian pieces, I ended up getting a Hearty Scale Pauldrons instead!

I went into the GW2 DB website and followed it and then I find out that the insignia: http://www.gw2db.com/items/66523-hearty-intricate-wool-insignia-s#related:created-from

Was actually formed from some other thing?

I really needed help as I don't want my whole night of work gone to waste ~_~

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
---
Life could be cruel, but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.
#2Cookie BagPosted 9/13/2012 9:58:04 PM
Probably a recipe insignia? check the armorsmith vendor for recipes and see if you find it.
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#3SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 10:08:27 PM
I did , and I bought that receipe with karma too.
The problm is when i follow the receipe, it yield the scale version instead of the gladiator one?

Sigh so frustrating especially the small scale used to craft it took me whole night worth of grinding! They are also pricey on ah!
---
Life could be cruel, but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.
#4tehdudPosted 9/13/2012 10:09:07 PM
hi, if you look at the insignia, its lvl 35 to use. but you need 125 to craft it.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#5SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 10:11:05 PM
I am at level 38 and just pass armorsmith 125.

I am just not sure why it didnt work.

Do i actually have to craft the gladiator armor box instead!?
---
#6KingofDeceit666Posted 9/13/2012 10:23:46 PM
Heh, I just bought gladiator armor for my warrior. Around 40 silver a piece wasn't too bad. lol
---
http://www.drawninmotion.com/
#7ilovemuddingPosted 9/13/2012 10:38:14 PM
What items did you put in the discovery panel?
#8SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 5:25:15 AM
At work now, so I can't really tell.

It was pretty late (around 1:30 am) and in my mind I just wanted to create my set and that was my goal since 9:00 pm.

When I crate the Hearty Intricate Wool Insignia, should the Insignia be orange in colour?

The material that should be needed should be:
Iron Pauldron Casing + Iron Pauldron Lining + Hearty Intricate Wool Insignia?

Correct?
---
#9iSkadooshPosted 9/14/2012 5:41:26 AM
You don't use discovery. Once you purchase and use the intricate recipes it appears in your recipe list. Just look for the one with intricate in its name.
---
"Why would you spend this much time on a forum for a game you don't like?" - Nofoundation
#10SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 5:55:27 AM
Yup, I know the insignia is in the crafting menu.

I have a feeling that maybe because of my tiredness, I have used a Honed Embroidered Wool Insignia + other component in discovery instead?

Just to confirm:
1) Can someone confirmed that the 35 Gladiator set can be crafted and needed to be discovered in the discovery menu?
---