has anybody tried lifesteal thief?

#11LOLSUP_IMSGOODPosted 9/14/2012 2:29:45 PM
I run with 30 Deadly, 30 Crit, and 10 Acrobatics. Never once used the healing signet.

Default healing spell, a poison (usually skale), caltrops, movement speed signet, and the elite skill alternates. If I plan to do PvE, it's dagger storm almost always. Kill things quickly and don't need much healing. Being evasive helps as well.
#12HyperDragonPosted 9/14/2012 2:41:28 PM
LOLSUP_IMSGOOD posted...
I run with 30 Deadly, 30 Crit, and 10 Acrobatics. Never once used the healing signet.

Default healing spell, a poison (usually skale), caltrops, movement speed signet, and the elite skill alternates. If I plan to do PvE, it's dagger storm almost always. Kill things quickly and don't need much healing. Being evasive helps as well.

If you wanna min/max or look at what people are currently running..

One of the strongest loadouts and most flexible is the following:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQNAoaVlUmCNXay9E95EB3DmC1n6VwraPwpNjJA

-Switch Shadow Refuge for movement speed signet when not fighting.
-If you have a Mesmer who can provide stealth in dungeons and revive people, switch Shadow Refuge for Ambush Trap.
-If you're playing SPvP, switch the Deadly Arts first major trait to "Mug" so you can roam more effectively.
-In SPvP you should consider switching one of the Venoms out for Ice Drake venom.

Due to the trait, even if you're alone your venoms will apply to the thieves from Thieves Guild. This lets you stack Poison, Weakness, and Vulnerability like crazy, thanks to D/P you can spam Blind and have tons of shadowsteps and spammable Stealth (5 -> 2 in field)

Highly recommend the Mesmer thing btw, not only does a Moa mesmer make dungeons easier in the first place, but being able to have 3+ thieves at once all applying venoms is crazy.
#13steker16Posted 9/14/2012 4:17:58 PM
LOLSUP_IMSGOOD posted...

-If you have a Mesmer who can provide stealth in dungeons and revive people, switch Shadow Refuge for Ambush Trap.
-If you're playing SPvP, switch the Deadly Arts first major trait to "Mug" so you can roam more effectively.
-In SPvP you should consider switching one of the Venoms out for Ice Drake venom.

Due to the trait, even if you're alone your venoms will apply to the thieves from Thieves Guild. This lets you stack Poison, Weakness, and Vulnerability like crazy, thanks to D/P you can spam Blind and have tons of shadowsteps and spammable Stealth (5 -> 2 in field)

Highly recommend the Mesmer thing btw, not only does a Moa mesmer make dungeons easier in the first place, but being able to have 3+ thieves at once all applying venoms is crazy.

lmao @ that trickery major trait choice, god i hope that was a mistake
---
nomnomnom
#14EtharinPosted 9/14/2012 4:23:34 PM
Signet of Malice + Choking Gas is probably the closest thing to invincibility in PvE. I fully expect it to be nerfed.
#15HyperDragonPosted 9/14/2012 10:57:15 PM
steker16 posted...
LOLSUP_IMSGOOD posted...

lmao @ that trickery major trait choice, god i hope that was a mistake

It is not, if you are running Shadow Refuge you have guaranteed revives in PvE pretty much (it is your job w/o a Mesmer to revive people with that in dungeons), and the Ambush Trap lets you create another Thief to apply your venoms to.

If you're not running Shadow Refuge in dungeons coz you have a Mesmer/Guardian who can guarantee a revive, then switch it out, yes.