Turning Karma into Gold in a Legal Way

#1Q_SenseiPosted 9/14/2012 11:37:37 PM
Is it possible to convert my Karma into Gold?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 9/14/2012 11:39:19 PM
I can help you out man, just step into this alleyway over here for asecond...
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0
#3BakaSammaPosted 9/14/2012 11:39:32 PM
buy karma goods and then vendor it...
---
When in doubt... oro?
#4IceMage20Posted 9/14/2012 11:45:15 PM
Karma and gold aren't supposed to be interchangeable. Karma is supposed to be the gear-buying currency that's untradeable and unbuyable, thus preventing the game from becoming pay-to-win.

If you find an efficient way to turn karma into coin, you're probably going to get banned for it, because the entire point of karma is that it's a completely separate currency from all the other currencies (barring karma boosts, which I wouldn't really consider "buying karma" anyway).
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321
#5MW3_FanPosted 9/14/2012 11:52:30 PM
Yes, ArenaNet hates it when you do something in game that they over looked, so just don't do it.
#6random_noobiePosted 9/15/2012 12:01:22 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
Is it possible to convert my Karma into Gold?

no.

if you find a way you can, report it instead of using it.

but, if you buy a crafting mat, say, eggplants and make fritters to sell on the TP, that's OK. they just don't want you to vendor the karma and make an infinite loop. selling on the TP keeps the money in circulation.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#7DefiladePosted 9/15/2012 3:52:24 AM
Just buy a bunch of rare salvage kits. They are ~1,400 karma... Better than spending 15 silver per kit.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.5 / Asrock z68 pro3 / GTX 570 TF III PE / G Skill 8gb 1600 / Antec HCG 620w / HAF 922
#8IceMage20Posted 9/15/2012 7:23:41 AM
Defilade posted...
Just buy a bunch of rare salvage kits. They are ~1,400 karma... Better than spending 15 silver per kit.

Even better: Spend karma to buy one of each salvage kit except basic (so, blue + green + yellow), and then get three Mystic Forge Stones (either from chests/quests or from the gem store), and combine those in the Mystic Forge. You get a Mystic Salvage Kit, which is the same quality as the yellow kit, but has 250 uses instead of 25.
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321
#9DraconisRexPosted 9/15/2012 7:27:01 AM
IceMage20 posted...
Defilade posted...

Even better: Spend karma to buy one of each salvage kit except basic (so, blue + green + yellow), and then get three Mystic Forge Stones (either from chests/quests or from the gem store), and combine those in the Mystic Forge. You get a Mystic Salvage Kit, which is the same quality as the yellow kit, but has 250 uses instead of 25.

Yeah, that's really cool.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#10t 002 TyrantPosted 9/15/2012 7:33:28 AM
Karma and gold aren't supposed to be interchangeable. Karma is supposed to be the gear-buying currency that's untradeable and unbuyable, thus preventing the game from becoming pay-to-win.

Trade the untradeable, buy the unbuyable.
Row row, buy the power.
---
"If humans don't want me, then why did they create me?"
- Naomi Armitage