What Is the Cheapest Crafting Profession Right Now?

#1alexpguyPosted 9/15/2012 10:08:28 AM
I hear cooking is very expensive and, without farming it yourself, weaponsmith looks pretty high considering copper is selling for 18c+ a piece. What would be the cheapest to 400 if I had to supplement my own random materials with some TP purchases?
---
IF MICE COULD SWIM, THEY WOULD FLOAT WITH THE TIDE AND PLAY WITH THE FISH DOWN BY THE SEASIDE. THE CATS ON THE SHORE WOULD QUICKLY AGREE.
#2BufkusPosted 9/15/2012 10:14:16 AM
The crafts are divided into three categories:

Cooking
Weapon/Armor - all 6 of these take roughly the same amount of time/money
Jewelry

It's too close to tell which one's harder than which. I mastered cooking while it was easy, I have no idea how hard it is now (also protip: stock up on vanilla beans while you still can, since they are extremely rare and hard to get).
#3NicoGrimmPosted 9/15/2012 10:16:19 AM
Cooking and Jewelry seem to be the easiest ones to level. Well, at least cooking is. Jewelry can get crazy expensive if you dont farm your own stuff.
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#4Witch ElfPosted 9/15/2012 10:27:41 AM
It's generally best to go with something like an armor or weapon crafting and couple it with jewelry or cooking, since they won't conflict when using materials.

For my crafting, I just basically play the game and if I need some materials from the low level areas, I'll just switch to a low level character and play that for a little while, until I get what I want.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness
#5havok718Posted 9/15/2012 10:37:12 AM
Jewelry uses mostly the same metals as smithing, besides silver and gold. The toughest part is actually getting to silver because everything needs a ton of copper to get past 75. I took jewelry and armor and had to choose one to level because there just wasn't enough copper to supply both. Hell I didn't even have enough copper for one craft unless I went around wasting time just hunting nodes.

But jewelry doesn't use fine crafting mats, so its still way better than if you took weaponsmithing and armorsmithing.
#6VicViperMkIIIPosted 9/15/2012 11:22:00 AM
artificer is the cheapest actually

just create nothing but potions.
lvl 125 artificer Potion uses Jug of water, iron ore, silver ore, pile of shimmering dust

just find the cheapest potions to craft and do so. U can do new ones like every 25 levels
#7urtvPosted 9/15/2012 11:28:41 AM
jeweler is pretty cheap.gathered my own mats(about 400 ores to the next rank) while leveling.if you dont have enough then just salvage all the crafted accessories.only time i had to spend money was when i was in the 380s and needed to buy the karma recipes and ectos to get to 400
---
If you become something that just kills out of instinct, sometimes death is the only salvation.
#8BufkusPosted 9/15/2012 11:47:16 AM
VicViperMkIII posted...
artificer is the cheapest actually

just create nothing but potions.
lvl 125 artificer Potion uses Jug of water, iron ore, silver ore, pile of shimmering dust

just find the cheapest potions to craft and do so. U can do new ones like every 25 levels

huntsman has similar recipes, just not a whole lot (like one for every 75 pts). But this is a good point. Potions sound like they'd be really easy to make and a lot cheaper even if you do run out of dust (since dust is abundant on the TP compared to fine materials).
#9ZaishiPosted 9/15/2012 1:59:46 PM
Probably anything but cooking. If you know what to craft and how to use the TP every other profession will actually earn you money as you level it.
#10VicViperMkIIIPosted 9/15/2012 2:38:27 PM
Zaishi posted...
Probably anything but cooking. If you know what to craft and how to use the TP every other profession will actually earn you money as you level it.

This^

there are some runes that you can make at certain levels that can be made for extremely cheap and give you TONS of experience