Necro: Best Minion Mix

#1Marrow13Posted 9/15/2012 5:20:37 PM
Bone Fiend
Bone Minion
Flesh Wurm
Shadow Fiend

It seems to be down between Bone Fiend and Bone Minion. Which is the better choice for an all minion build?
---
JUS Friend Code: 2921-5302-6553
#2Crimson PhantomPosted 9/15/2012 5:42:31 PM
SpikeRosered posted...
Bone Fiend
Bone Minion
Flesh Wurm
Shadow Fiend

It seems to be down between Bone Fiend and Bone Minion. Which is the better choice for an all minion build?

Hands down Bone Minion if thats what your down too... however, thats not what it should be

80 100% world complete Necro here
Minion Master PvE
Modified Minion WvW
Condition PvP

So my PvE setup is

Carrion equipment (+power + vit + condition damage)
Scepter / Dagger - Axe / Warhorn
20 / 20 / 30 / 0 / 0 traits
Notable traits are
30% increased minion damage
15% warhorn cooldown & skill duration increased (which is bugged)
20% decreased minion cooldown
50% increased minion health
Minions explode on death

I run,

Blood Fiend
Bone Minions (MUST HAVE - suicide is so powerful)
Bone Fiend (more health and damage than shadow)
Sig of the Locust
Flesh Golem (charge ohko's stationary targets and things against them)

Basically I'm walking death, able to take out 5 enemies in orr with ease, 8-10 requires going into shroud but I still make it out alive

Bone minions are SO powerful they are great, and only to explode for their massive 2-5k aoe damage

Shadow Fiend goes in place of the signet if you want to hunker down and do more damage...

Wurm has high damage and high health but he doesn't move with you, and frankly PvE you want them too

WvW

I run
Blood Fiend
Bone Minions
The pull to you skill
Signet of locust (because I'm always chasing people down for the kill)
Flesh golem

I will swap signet of the locust for wurm in siege situations where I need to get inside the enemy base and wreck stuff... you can throw him forward and traverse to him or keep him back to flee too while you poke into the enemy base... or you can just throw him forward at targets let him do some damage and then explode on death

PvP
Blood Fiend
Bone Minions
Signet of the Locust
The pull to you skill
Flesh golem

However, my trait load out changes drastically to 30 / 30 / 10 / 0 / 0 with my own blend of traits :P

Weapon loadout is the same for all, equipment loadout is as well

I have 30k hp, 40% swiftness for 14 seconds every 25 (which leaves me a 11 second slow time), and a TON of toughness to boot
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#3Aussie_BBQPosted 9/15/2012 6:23:04 PM
Thanks for that Crimson Phantom I have been looking for a good basis for my necro (currently level 33). Looks really interesting.
---
This Sig is changed on a daily basis.
#4Cookie BagPosted 9/15/2012 6:26:38 PM
Aren't necro's minions garbage anyways?
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#5DeffwarrantPosted 9/15/2012 6:41:07 PM
None. Just go double dagger mancer and do it better
---
LoL IGN: Skyismine
#6Crimson PhantomPosted 9/15/2012 8:20:09 PM
Necros minions are bugged right now

they often stand idle while you do the fighting

Lets see

My flesh golem hits hard, and his charge can instantly kill a player... with bad positioning on the enemy player... and has MASSIVE health

bone minions hit light, but they have two hitting the enemy... and sacrificing them to explode... well thats a TON of upfront damage, that can be done while you are channeling other spells, has average health

bone fiend is kind of the throwaway range, the damage is ok, root is ok, but its not spectacular, has low health

Wurm hits hard, allows you to escape teleport (unnecessary) and has high health, BUT is rooted in spot

Shadow fiend has average health, blind, can teleport to enemies (if chill worked with blind for the trait skill he could be viable in pvp)

Blood fiend is the throwaway heal, none of the necros heals are really good (nor necessary), and at least he can draw fire away from you as your enemies are like I have to shut down his ability to use a heal asap

and as for Dagger / Dagger its good

drawbacks are

Melee range primary attack, requires 20 trait points to be effective, and the effect is questionable

upsides - instead of a slow you have a snare, and you can heal yourself... also you can invest 20 points and get 15% increased move speed this way (and if you use double daggers you better get the dagger cooldown skill)

Also

you need

XXX / Warhorn

Scepter / Warhorn then becomes your default

and

Dagger / Dagger is the off

I've toyed with it, but I find that the axe's aoe slow more useful
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#7Crimson PhantomPosted 9/15/2012 8:24:42 PM
and this isn't current but it gives the idea

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.5.1.2.13.21.0.0.0.0.105.112.117.120.129.9.9.0.303.309.0.317.323.0.333.0.0.346.355.0.0.0.0.20.20.10.20.0

for a double dagger user
---
#8Marrow13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 9:29:17 PM
Crimson Phantom posted...
SpikeRosered posted...
Bone Fiend
Bone Minion
Flesh Wurm
Shadow Fiend

Hands down Bone Minion if thats what your down too... however, thats not what it should be

80 100% world complete Necro here
Minion Master PvE
Modified Minion WvW
Condition PvP

So my PvE setup is

Carrion equipment (+power + vit + condition damage)
Scepter / Dagger - Axe / Warhorn
20 / 20 / 30 / 0 / 0 traits
Notable traits are
30% increased minion damage
15% warhorn cooldown & skill duration increased (which is bugged)
20% decreased minion cooldown
50% increased minion health
Minions explode on death

I run,

Blood Fiend
Bone Minions (MUST HAVE - suicide is so powerful)
Bone Fiend (more health and damage than shadow)
Sig of the Locust
Flesh Golem (charge ohko's stationary targets and things against them)

Basically I'm walking death, able to take out 5 enemies in orr with ease, 8-10 requires going into shroud but I still make it out alive

Bone minions are SO powerful they are great, and only to explode for their massive 2-5k aoe damage

Shadow Fiend goes in place of the signet if you want to hunker down and do more damage...

Wurm has high damage and high health but he doesn't move with you, and frankly PvE you want them too

WvW

I run
Blood Fiend
Bone Minions
The pull to you skill
Signet of locust (because I'm always chasing people down for the kill)
Flesh golem

I will swap signet of the locust for wurm in siege situations where I need to get inside the enemy base and wreck stuff... you can throw him forward and traverse to him or keep him back to flee too while you poke into the enemy base... or you can just throw him forward at targets let him do some damage and then explode on death

PvP
Blood Fiend
Bone Minions
Signet of the Locust
The pull to you skill
Flesh golem

However, my trait load out changes drastically to 30 / 30 / 10 / 0 / 0 with my own blend of traits :P

Weapon loadout is the same for all, equipment loadout is as well

I have 30k hp, 40% swiftness for 14 seconds every 25 (which leaves me a 11 second slow time), and a TON of toughness to boot

This is great! Thank you very much. When do you use scepter vs. axe?
---
JUS Friend Code: 2921-5302-6553
#9Crimson PhantomPosted 9/16/2012 5:55:06 AM
Scepter / Dagger is my aoe condition damage

axe / warhorn is after I land those I can use the warhorn to help chase and the axe to help slow and deal quick upfront damage while the dots tick away

so in

PvE I use whichever aoe I can fire off

Typically its #3 on the axe (as I explode minions), #5 warhorn
#2 on the scepter # 5 on dagger #4 on dagger
f1 #4

and that clears any group of 30 or so in a dynamic event or at least scores me so much damage on them I am assured of the experience and possible item drops from them...

WvW
I lead with the scepter / dagger, when I use those I switch, when they are getting low I stay with the axe
---