Have the elitists started requiring gear check for dungeons, etc yet?

#11_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/16/2012 11:58:19 AM
CoF asking to check if you have all exotic
---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://i.imgur.com/Laa8U.jpg http://tinyurl.com/9bahrla
#12AznJudgePosted 9/16/2012 11:58:20 AM
@Etharin, I completely agree. I don't like grouping with a Necro that is only half specced towards Minion Master or some other such build that won't help me as much as someone who knows what they're doing.
---
Xbox Live GT:Pz PaulyD; League of Legends : EvilElrond; SMITE: Elrond; Guild Wars 2 : Elrondel
#13xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 11:59:19 AM
Etharin posted...
AznJudge posted...
ScorpeX posted...
You're joking right?

I'm not joking at all. Some groups require a level 80 full exotic set that doesn't have magic find (I've seen this SPECIFICALLY requested, because Magic Find = You're just looking for drops = You're not using a beneficial stat that could help the group that much more), banning specific weapon sets, or needing a specific setup for warrior banners, elemental summons, or the wonderful "NO SIGNET EXCEPT HEAL" because signets are considered a waste of a space and mean that you can't use another active skill. Don't tell me signets have actives - I'm aware that they do, but there are much more useful things to run unless you have a build tailored to signets.

Some of the requirements some groups make are actually logical and beneficial because these groups typically are just doing token farming and the more efficient the group the less time that will be spent grinding tokens. When you are doing the same dungeons over dozens of hours it can really add up.

its logical...but thats also the reasoning of all the "l33t" hardcore players in other MMOs that require gearscore, achevments scores etc to play with or you get kicked

having higher gearscore/better gear leads to more efficient farming dungeons etc...
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#14EtharinPosted 9/16/2012 12:02:05 PM
xtacb posted...
Etharin posted...
AznJudge posted...
ScorpeX posted...
You're joking right?

I'm not joking at all. Some groups require a level 80 full exotic set that doesn't have magic find (I've seen this SPECIFICALLY requested, because Magic Find = You're just looking for drops = You're not using a beneficial stat that could help the group that much more), banning specific weapon sets, or needing a specific setup for warrior banners, elemental summons, or the wonderful "NO SIGNET EXCEPT HEAL" because signets are considered a waste of a space and mean that you can't use another active skill. Don't tell me signets have actives - I'm aware that they do, but there are much more useful things to run unless you have a build tailored to signets.

Some of the requirements some groups make are actually logical and beneficial because these groups typically are just doing token farming and the more efficient the group the less time that will be spent grinding tokens. When you are doing the same dungeons over dozens of hours it can really add up.

its logical...but thats also the reasoning of all the "l33t" hardcore players in other MMOs that require gearscore, achevments scores etc to play with or you get kicked

having higher gearscore/better gear leads to more efficient farming dungeons etc...

Except you can't have "better gear" in GW2 and that's not what it's about. It's not about the quality of the items its about how good a person prepares to play within a group setting.
#15xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 12:04:28 PM
requiring everyone to have full lvl 80 exotics with no MF gear

is "requiring people to have better gear"

full yellows doesnt seem to be good enough

and i doubt most players have full lvl 80 exotics with no MF gear
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#16QuadForce878Posted 9/16/2012 12:07:59 PM
I haven't encountered any groups though. For some odd reason, everyone wants a either a Guardian or Engineer when they go into dungeons even if they are using a DPS focused specs. He's not kidding about WoW elitist raiding who will kick people from the raid simply because they are under geared. In GW2 thanks to the dodging mechanic, if you what you're doing get away with completing dungeons with low end gear. Its now more than just a numbers game.
#17Gunther482Posted 9/16/2012 12:08:46 PM
The worst I've heard so far is that a group was only going to take a warrior or a guardian.

So nothing too bad.
#18darkjedilinkPosted 9/16/2012 12:24:39 PM
Etharin posted...
xtacb posted...
Etharin posted...
AznJudge posted...
ScorpeX posted...
You're joking right?

Except you can't have "better gear" in GW2 and that's not what it's about. It's not about the quality of the items its about how good a person prepares to play within a group setting.

Except if you're token farming with PUG's, you're doing it wrong to begin with.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#19BufkusPosted 9/16/2012 12:38:40 PM
What, you require people to not have MF gear?

What the hell is wrong with you?
#20Amy_AwienPosted 9/16/2012 2:23:02 PM
AznJudge posted...

I'm not joking at all. Some groups require a level 80 full exotic set that doesn't have magic find (I've seen this SPECIFICALLY requested, ...

Just ignore them, spend your time and energy on finding or making a decent group.