Is this a good trait build for the Engineer?

#1NCPwnPosted 9/19/2012 12:07:22 PM
10 explosives (power)
30 firearms
10 inventions
20 tools

I'm using a RIfle and my utility skills I've decided on are
-tool kit
-elixer (the one that shrinks and makes you invurnable for a few sec)
-(Slick shoes/googles) Havn't really decided yet.

Is it worth it to put 10 into power and 10 into inventions? I'm trying to do respectable damage, CC the heck out of people, and survive for a bit. I was thinking of putting the elixer gun on my last utility spell as well.

But with this build I get
5sec melee spam cripple
aoe cripple
2 sec immobilize
2 sec aoe stun
magnet pull (lame I know)
Knockdown
and GTAOE damage/jump.

I find myself pretty much dominating if I have another person assisting me in sPvP. But I'm not sure about the traits, if it would be better to take tools to 30, or do you need power? or is 10 into anything a waste?

What's your opinions on this build.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Daoc, Planetside, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 12:09:20 PM
Forgot to say, that the rifle abilities would increase range, reduce cooldown, and increase damage of my rifle abilities. Tools would allow me to have run speed anytime I changed to a kit (so perma run speed if I kit cycle every 5 sec), I would also have burning on my crits, (and htis is a high crit build), and a 3 sec prot sheild for defense when I get critted on.
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Daoc, Planetside, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 12:20:16 PM
I know everyone's playing a warrior/guadian/thief, but come on, someone has got to be an engineer that can comment.
---
#4Visani_ChantePosted 9/19/2012 12:29:38 PM
It looks all over the place.

It's really hard to help when I have no idea what you are trying to do. Range? Melee? Condition Damage? Support? What?
#5NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 12:31:50 PM
Visani_Chante posted...

It's really hard to help when I have no idea what you are trying to do. Range? Melee? Condition Damage? Support? What?

I little bit of everything. I like keeping people imoblized/kocked down. I want to be able to survive a bit in 1v1. I enjoy switching to both range and melee (love the tool kit's utility it offers).
---
#6ishmelwotPosted 9/19/2012 12:35:36 PM
NCPwn posted...
Visani_Chante posted...

I little bit of everything. I like keeping people imoblized/kocked down. I want to be able to survive a bit in 1v1. I enjoy switching to both range and melee (love the tool kit's utility it offers).

Here I'll help bump this for you, no one seems to be falling for it.
#7NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 12:39:01 PM
Falling for what? It's the build I've been having fun with in sPvP. (one of the last redeeming modes in this game). My stratgy is usually

net shot > #5 rifle skill (the GTAOE jump) > wrench throw > blunder blus > tool kit #3 (powerful DD). From here they are usually 75% dead. Then I might waste my AOE elite for 2 sec more of stun , go back to rifle for another blunderblus + net shot , and maybe a knockdown. Depends.

But in a group setting, sometimes i stay back, doing net shots, and throwing elixers to help everyone. And kockdowns are deadly when there are other players to destory the player while they take the 2 sec to get up.

Not sure what you mean by "fooling anyone"
---