Is there only a cosmetic difference in gear with PVP ranks?

#21lostkiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 6:09:33 PM(edited)
Cedrin posted...

Are you new to the Internet?

How ironic, considering you have 70 Karma, and I have 2271 karma on an account created in December 2003.

EDIT: Not sure if you're trolling or casual banter. If second one then ignore post above.

---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#22CedrinPosted 9/19/2012 6:12:46 PM
lostkiwi posted...
Cedrin posted...

Are you new to the Internet?

How ironic, considering you have 70 Karma, and I have 2271 karma on an account created in December 2003.

Oh my bad, I stand corrected.
---
~Guely
#23DrPiratePosted 9/19/2012 6:20:24 PM
Liking something that could be associated with WoW is taboo 'round these parts.
---
you can't take the sky from me..
#24Nintendo guyPosted 9/19/2012 6:21:37 PM
Amoral1ty posted...
Nope, you were just called out by everyone in this thread because you weren't thinking through what you were saying. Don't be too defensive about being wrong.

Nothing to do with elitism.

No, what he said was exactly what happened. He asked a pretty simple question, with no negativity attached, other than claiming the answer he received was a bit of a disappointment, but for some reason was met with a wall of butthurt, defensive replies and thinly-veiled hostility from rabid, unthinking fanboys.
#25deathclaimedsoulPosted 9/19/2012 7:33:55 PM
lostkiwi posted...
Well, it is for Glory in this case, and probably is the best approach for unstructured PVP (i,e full of randoms)

But for organised PVP, strategically holding capture points is easily the superior option. Except in the current state of the game both teams would walk away with low amounts of Glory.

In fact, the best thing that two teams could do in the current state of the game (for both organised and disorganised teams) is to ignore capture points altogether and have a designated zerg spot for mass PVP. It wouldn't even matter who won or lost, both teams would end up with high levels of glory.

That's assuming you were trying to actively gain ranks of course.

See, you're missing the point in that winning games and tournaments should be the goal, not just gaining ranks. Ranks are something that should come naturally as you win, not something you need farm in order to be competitive like in other games.
#26TimePharaohPosted 9/19/2012 7:42:21 PM
ITT: The reason everyone should play GW2, for it's great community.
---
Sorry everyone, just got home from work and saw my son was posting on my account. So just ignore this topic. Megatron1111