Best Profession for Underwater Combat

#1Unit3dPosted 9/21/2012 8:29:54 PM
I've tried all the classes during the beta but didn't really spend some time studying their underwater skills. Out of curiosity, which profession do you think is the best when it comes to underwater fighting? (Utility skills not included)
#2DraginvryPosted 9/21/2012 8:31:19 PM
If you aren't using utility skills, you aren't fighting underwater correctly.
#3r7gerrabbitPosted 9/21/2012 8:35:56 PM
Mesmer.
Underwater phantasm's are so OP that it's not even funny.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#4koroko_korobasePosted 9/21/2012 8:36:20 PM
Guardian is pretty good, but I'd have to give it to Thief because it can spam spear skill 5 for a long invincibility and then there's the block/strike that regenerates your initiative.
---
It's like snorting a powdered rainbow while eating Nyan Cat....
#5jfinney66Posted 9/21/2012 8:44:13 PM
I like the warriors set, and I don't use utilities as I get a bonus in stats for not using them, so that works for me, hunter isn't so good and elementalist is really bad but still at low level so maybe that'l change.

I use the harpoon gun and run or swim around in circles as the warriors healing is terrible. I don't like underwater fighting but some times you have no choice and for me the warrior is way ahead of any other profession.

A lot of skills don't work underwater so for some classes like an engineer you'r really screwed if you use your turrets a lot:) but to be honest, I'm more annoyed that my huhters elite skills don't work underwater, no quick kills in the depths for me:(
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
#6VordraxPosted 9/21/2012 8:59:29 PM
Engineer can use Rifle Turret and Rocket Turret underwater, but honestly Grenade Kit more than makes up for anything they may lack in other areas.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#7professor xPosted 9/21/2012 9:06:01 PM
Engineer Grenade underwater = instant win.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#8DraginvryPosted 9/21/2012 9:08:38 PM
Engineer is like the best class for underwater combat....
#9george43Posted 9/21/2012 9:11:01 PM
Mesmer.

Everyone wants to say engineer, but mesmer is absolutely ridiculous because the mesmer doesn't even have to fight.

2 mariner phanatsms pretty much destroy veteran mobs under water.....what do you think they will do to a player?
#10Fate86Posted 9/21/2012 9:15:15 PM
Vordrax posted...
Engineer can use Rifle Turret and Rocket Turret underwater, but honestly Grenade Kit more than makes up for anything they may lack in other areas.

Elixir gun too works well underwater, the poison spray and the noxious cloud thing (3 and 4 I think) I usually have that and the grenades. Elixirs are unfortunate underwater, good for you, but the F key elixir abilities you can't aim, just have to throw it forward and it explodes a few seconds later, hard to effect other players with them, unless there is something I don't know about using elixirs underwater.
---
IMO? This is a post on a message board, is that not obvious?
Trolls are my entertainment. [PSN/XBL: AAAFate]