Question: what is the best way to make money

#1NCPwnPosted 9/28/2012 10:48:36 AM
I havn't had a money problem, but I like to teleport a lot. I'm level 30 sitting at like 1 gold. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you need to play the trading post? or just vendor your junk?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Daoc, Planetside, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2DraginvryPosted 9/28/2012 10:49:51 AM
The best way to make money is to not use the teleports.

No shens.
#3NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 10:51:18 AM
Seriously? I mean your probably right, I've probably used 50 silver in ports. But honestly, it would take a long time to run all that. Anyone else have a better way?
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Daoc, Planetside, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#4RogueDarkPosted 9/28/2012 10:51:22 AM
1 gold at level 30 is about right so your doing fine.

Later on you can farm DE, run dungeons, clear new zones for items, and well the good stuff you find for money.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#5Cobra1010Posted 9/28/2012 11:02:26 AM(edited)
Howcome NCpwn isnt trolling or complaing about the game much and actually asking questions about the game? Has he only recently got his copy of GW2?

Anyway to answer the topic question, best way to make money is to spend money. Money makes money, check from time to time, mark down the prices. Spot the pattern. Then buy cheap and sell high.

But dont blame me if u mess up and go bankrupt. It takes skills.

Edit: And yes, 1 gold at round 30 sounds about right. I didnt do anything from level 1-80 but level. Didnt do any crafting or farming. Didnt sell crafting materials either, put everything into collections. And i got around 15 gold wen i got to 80 just from dynamic quests, hearts and story quest rewards.
---
Playing: Killing Floor, BFBC2, Team Fortress 2, L4d2
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#6TheAncientMonkPosted 9/28/2012 11:06:05 AM
When you start a new zone you should do every landmark before you move to the next section. Move around the zone in an optimal direction so you rarely need to use teleports.
#7NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 11:06:09 AM
You must be new here, but I've had the game for weeks now. You also must have missed my awesome Engineer spec posts. Any engineers should search for it, because it melts faces in sPvP.
---
#8DevasmetPosted 9/28/2012 11:17:47 AM(edited)
Check fine mat prices
Find one decently priced
Go to that area
Mass Murder mobs
Sell all drops to npc, don't extract
Sell gray drops.
Sell Fine Mats on TP
Profit
???
Switch areas when they stop to drop
Rinse and repeat
Profit
Return to previous area
Profit
???

You can easily end up with several gold in a few hours that way, must people just look for something worth really high price or something really expensive to craft.

About 100 Gold has already went trough my hands, and I currently have 42G, because I brought gear for my 2 alts when they are 80, crafted gossamer bags for all my 3 characters.

People just expects some magical recipe to make money when it's so simple, ive never, ever had money problems in a game really.
#9NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 11:17:29 AM
Devasmet posted...
Check fine mat prices
Find one decently priced
Go to that area
Mass Murder mobs
Sell all drops to npc, don't extract
Sell gray drops.
Sell Fine Mats on TP
Profit
???

You can easily end up with several gold in a few hours that way, must people just look for something worth really high price or something really expensive to craft.

About 100 Gold has already went trough my hands, and I currently have 42G, because I brought gear for my 2 alts when they are 80, crafted gossamer bags for all my 3 characters.

People just expects some magical recipe to make money when it's so simple, ive never, ever had money problems in a game really.

Thanks for that bit of advice? but is this something a level 30 can do? or should I not worry until 80? I just want to buy my additional character slots.
---
#10Cobra1010Posted 9/28/2012 11:26:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]