What's your favorite elementalist attunement to use?

#11Takenover83Posted 10/3/2012 7:58:27 PM
Just answer Captain Planet if you like all. That's what I did ;p
#12holiday1021Posted 10/3/2012 8:13:08 PM
You don't need to use all 4, 3 minimum and you can still play correctly.
---
GT - VelvetHoliday
#13lufia22Posted 10/3/2012 10:00:09 PM
Fire

It's the only one that feels like it has any real power on its own. Soloing in PvE, you almost don't need anything else because it all dies before CDs become an issue. This applies for all weapons. It's just by far the most satisfying one of them all. The rest feel supplementary.
---
nununu
#14AtralisPosted 10/3/2012 10:50:08 PM
holiday1021 posted...

Fire, but as other people have noted depending on the situation you need to jump between attunements as you get on cooldown.

Double dagger of course

If you are fighting a group of mobs you can't pass up the benefits of hopping between all your stances. Fire to blow them up (all your fire skills) then you pop into air to pop some defensive abilitity and kick them in the face to send them sprawling in a rapid fire combo (you can activate all the air abilities in a few seconds for great effect), then ice to chill them, heal/damage them with frost breath, and heals your conditions with 5, then earth to stun them and pop some quick damage. Then back to fire to burn them the rest of the way down (if they are still standing).

You can take on huge groups like this no problem.

And if you are in a group quest nothing in the game beats the massive earth attack (5) with the dagger off hand. Especially with the utility spell that guarantees critical. You will be laying down a massive damage attack that puts a massive dot on them.
---
~ IN THE FUTURE there will be no black people and white people. Just robots.
#15WolfRison(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:03:01 AM(edited)
theject posted...
Why isn't there an all of them option? You need all to play properly. Sitting in one attunement means you have 30 seconds or so with no spells to cast. >__>

That isn't the point of the topic. Every situation obviously calls for something different, but you still have one you like using better. I like Air because it's fast and stuff. Fire is a close second but it's so cliche to prefer fire spells.
#16supermia0Posted 10/4/2012 6:18:07 AM
Most of the time i stick with Air~ and love the unstoppable Arc Lightning -_-!!
#17JeffLamPosted 10/4/2012 6:55:25 AM
Staff Air's auto attack bounces between 3 enemies - if there's two enemies it'll hit the first target twice, which is awesome.

It also bounces to Yellows, which is less awesome, but my Ranger's axe does that too.
#18holiday1021Posted 10/4/2012 10:42:40 AM
Atralis posted...
holiday1021 posted...

Fire, but as other people have noted depending on the situation you need to jump between attunements as you get on cooldown.

Double dagger of course

If you are fighting a group of mobs you can't pass up the benefits of hopping between all your stances. Fire to blow them up (all your fire skills) then you pop into air to pop some defensive abilitity and kick them in the face to send them sprawling in a rapid fire combo (you can activate all the air abilities in a few seconds for great effect), then ice to chill them, heal/damage them with frost breath, and heals your conditions with 5, then earth to stun them and pop some quick damage. Then back to fire to burn them the rest of the way down (if they are still standing).

You can take on huge groups like this no problem.

And if you are in a group quest nothing in the game beats the massive earth attack (5) with the dagger off hand. Especially with the utility spell that guarantees critical. You will be laying down a massive damage attack that puts a massive dot on them.

I agree with all that, that's in fact how I play. Others were stating that you needed to use all the attunements to properly play. I say you only need three. The one I don't need is Air - it's nice, the speed buff is good and so are the skills that come with it. However your points to spend are finite and with the exception of the speed boon, I can do all that Air offers in the other three.

Fire for damage, Earth for massive crits, and water for support. Swapping between those three, I never have to worry about CDs and am still a viable opponent in PvE and PvP.
---
GT - VelvetHoliday
#19JeffLamPosted 10/4/2012 1:05:32 PM
holiday1021 posted...
Others were stating that you needed to use all the attunements to properly play. I say you only need three. The one I don't need is Air - it's nice, the speed buff is good and so are the skills that come with it. However your points to spend are finite and with the exception of the speed boon, I can do all that Air offers in the other three.

At least with a staff, you don't need to build for it to make use of it.

Staff Air 5 (Static Field) is an AoE Stun (2s), not to mention is leaves a Lightning Field - which combos with Leap for Daze and Projectiles for Vulnerability, awesome when you're hanging around other people.

Staff Air 4 is an AoE Swiftness that cures crippled, immobilized, and chilled, so F3-4 is all it takes to free yourself. Follow that with Staff Air 3 (Gust, a knock back) if necessary, and you should be able to switch back to your preferred offensive element shortly after having freed yourself.
#20Rideps1Posted 10/4/2012 1:13:14 PM
Came to flip coin for earth/air, instead said Captain Planet.

He's a hero.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!