I'm a complete alien to MMOs. Is this a good game to start?

#1IostarsPosted 10/4/2012 6:16:10 AM
/topic. How high barriers to entry do this game have for someone who've never played nor is familiar with MMOs like me?

Thanks beforehand!
---
Authority must be obeyed, or it must be overthrown! --- Red Queen
Alice: Madness Returns
#2supermia0Posted 10/4/2012 6:22:27 AM
i see you played basara! should be no problem for this game :P
#3Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:24:17 AM
supermia0 posted...
i see you played basara! should be no problem for this game :P

umm... is it THAT simple?
---
#4bremenPosted 10/4/2012 6:29:52 AM
Iostars posted...
/topic. How high barriers to entry do this game have for someone who've never played nor is familiar with MMOs like me?

Thanks beforehand!

I wouldn't use this game as a basis for what you would call an MMO. This game is very different from most MMO's. It's more like a single player game with some co-op elements to it than an MMO. So you will probably like it. Just don't use your experience in this game as an indicator for what other MMO's are or will be like in the future.
---
jedinat - Which sets you at a distinct advantage... over no one.
#5The_BubPosted 10/4/2012 6:30:49 AM
No MMO is hard to get into, they generally just like to try to sap away all of your time.
#6Lino82Posted 10/4/2012 6:33:12 AM
The days when MMOs were hard to get into are long gone.
You need some basic gaming "skills", and half a brain and you'll be fine.
Also finding a friendly guild would help, both for people to team up with and help with whatever questions you may have.
#7LOLownageasdPosted 10/4/2012 6:50:17 AM
this is the most casual MMO ever created
---
"donot anger me. you have not yet begun to experiance the worst of my rage" -me
#8Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:12:59 AM
bremen posted...
Iostars posted...

Thanks beforehand!

I wouldn't use this game as a basis for what you would call an MMO. This game is very different from most MMO's. It's more like a single player game with some co-op elements to it than an MMO. So you will probably like it. Just don't use your experience in this game as an indicator for what other MMO's are or will be like in the future.

sounds ok. I'm more of a solo player myself, at least until I get the hang of things. And if it's anything like Demon's & Dark Souls--SP games with MP components, and my only experience with online gaming, lol--then I would certainly like to try it out.

Lino82 posted...
The days when MMOs were hard to get into are long gone.
You need some basic gaming "skills", and half a brain and you'll be fine.
Also finding a friendly guild would help, both for people to team up with and help with whatever questions you may have.

I see. Do you happen to know one or two guilds (server?) with a beginner-friendly community, then? I would hate to be a burden to other people if my noobie-ness rub people the wrong way =P
---
#9ArcticPlaguePosted 10/4/2012 7:15:14 AM
You can comfortably jump into the game blindfolded and catch on quick. I do recommend this game as a first MMO since it feels more refined combat-wise than MMOs like WoW, Rift, and SWTOR.

It feels very smooth. Also, in the general Chat, people will be advertising their guilds for new recruits, so you'll have tons to choose from as soon as you start playing.
#10Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:18:18 AM
LOLownageasd posted...
this is the most casual MMO ever created

sounds ok. From what I understand grinding is a big part of MMOs, so if this game is more laid back, then I'm fine with that. I have a full-time job in daytime and I usually only got 3-4 hours for gaming each night.

I'm starting to get more and more warmed up to this =)
---