How to give Soulbound items to other characters

#1xR4zorwirexPosted 10/4/2012 7:09:50 AM
Using the method described you can transfer any Soulbound items for other characters to use using Transmutation stones, and this includes class specific "starter" gear. I myself have an Elementalist with Necro face paint and a Warrior with both the Guardian Helm and shoulder plates. Unfortunately race restrictions still apply, I tried giving my human warrior asura armor and it doesn't work. And obviously the items have to be the same type, Heavy has to be Heavy, swords have to be swords, etc. AFAIK this method will even work with Legendaries!

Okay so let's say you want to have a Mesmer starter mask on your lvl 70 Necromancer. Here's how to do it.

Step 1: Create a Mesmer and choose the Mask you want, finish the story quest, unequip the mask and get access to a bank. Do not put the mask in the bank.
Step 2: Log in to your Necromancer and unequip your current helmet or have another helmet with the desired stats, put that helmet in the bank, it doesn't even matter if it's soulbound.
Step 3: Open your Mesmer, take the Necromancer's desired helmet out, if its soulbound it will say so in red, ignore this.
Step 4: Using a transmutation stone, select the Mesmer mask and the Necro Helmet, select the appearance of the Mask, the stats of the Helmet and the upgrade if there is one.
Step 5: The new Helmet will have the same stats as the old Helmet but have the appearance of the Mask. This item will say that it's soulbound, ignore this. DO NOT equip this on the Mesmer. Put the item in the bank.
Step 6: Open your lvl 70 Necromancer again, take the new helm out of the bank. If done correctly this item will still say soulbound but it won't be printed in red and can be equipped.
Congratulations! You now have a Mesmer mask on a Necromancer!

For general Items just skip the part with creating a new character. The Mesmer Mask is the Soulbound item in question that you want to bring over, so if you want the appearance and stats, the "going to be deleted" item should have an upgrade component in it, you would select the stats and appearance of the item you want and the UC of the "going to be deleted" item, in this case i called it the Helmet. This of course will delete whatever UC you have on your soulbound item.

All Credit for this information goes to Mindfazr, you can find his initial topic here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938738-guild-wars-2/64197070

---
Razor
#2xR4zorwirex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:14:53 AM(edited)
If at step 3, you can't pull the item out, you can transmute the Soulbound item onto a low lvl white item, the newly transmuted item will still be soul bound, but if you put this in the bank you should be able to pull it out on your other character, and transmute it again to the item with the stats you want. I'm not at home right now, I'm writing this all from memory so forgive me if something is off.
---
Razor
#3bremenPosted 10/4/2012 7:18:04 AM
This will be fixed and stopped so have fun with this temporarily!
---
jedinat - Which sets you at a distinct advantage... over no one.
#4HaxnStashPosted 10/4/2012 7:25:15 AM
If I were the person who discovered this, there would be no way I would spread it. I'll keep it to myself. Especially if it's as neat as this.

But thanks anyway. Anyone know if you could get reprimanded if you do this? I would like to have look of a lvl 60ish trenchcoat given to my low level ranger.
#5xR4zorwirex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:26:05 AM
I'm well aware, just trying to let people know so they can use it while they can. AFAIK there will be no way for Anet to "delete" any of the items created this way, as at some point they will be correctly soul bound to the character. And this method isn't entirely cheating, as you would have to have the items in the first place to use them and it locks it away from the original character so its not duping.
---
Razor
#6eremis77Posted 10/4/2012 7:45:34 AM(edited)
bremen posted...
This will be fixed and stopped so have fun with this temporarily!

You may be right, but I really hope this isn't the case. Since the end result is only a cosmetic modification, hopefully Anet will realize that and not treat it like an exploit.

Since I'd long ago lost my thief starter hood before realizing that I'd be stuck with 99% masks and eyepatches after that, I made a second thief and transmute-transferred the hood over.
#7darksuzaku1Posted 10/4/2012 7:59:07 AM
Well, it could be considered cheating, or exploiting. If an item is made soulbound its made to avoid you using it on another character, and this method, already described on other boards, enables a way to bypass it.

While in many cases this method is harmless like those starter items unavailable to other professions, it can be abused to for example pass the looks of a soulbound legendary weapon from one character to another when you are tired of it on your first character.

Yes, enjoy it while you can, it will be fixed sooner or later.
#8AzharraPosted 10/4/2012 8:26:37 AM
sounds good to know. Don't know why Anet decided to make starting head gear unique. I accidently threw away my flame eye without realizing you couldn't get it back. It's good for a completionist who wants to get as much as possible for main character.
---
PSN: Azsharra
#9Lunacy182Posted 10/4/2012 8:28:12 AM
Oh yea. My ele is about to have a sweat ass mask.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
PSN/GT: Lunacy182
#10xR4zorwirex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 8:30:42 AM
Azharra posted...
sounds good to know. Don't know why Anet decided to make starting head gear unique. I accidently threw away my flame eye without realizing you couldn't get it back. It's good for a completionist who wants to get as much as possible for main character.

The weirdest thing about that though, is that Warriors are the only class who don't get anything Unique for starting gear. Every other class gets headpieces, shoulders, a backpack or pets that are unique to the class at the start. Except Warriors.
---
Razor